Finally! Blogger was having a hard time uploading my pictures before. These are very out of order, but at least they are on here! Hopefully I can get my other pictures uploaded so I can get caught up...
When we went to Yellowstone I was mostly wanting to see wildlife. I was excited for everything else, but mostly the wildlife. Thankfully, this trip didn't disappoint! When we got to Yellowstone we didn't really have a plan. We decided we'd just drive through and stop whenever there was something interesting and head towards Old Faithful. We stopped a few times to see some other pools and mud pots that were really cool. At one point I had to go to the bathroom really bad and the only place to go was some very very stinky bathrooms. That was quite the adventure!
I was glad that we stopped a few times to walk around because my hands and feet were going crazy that day. They kept swelling up like sausages. I was definitely grateful we could be moving around a lot.
When we got to Old Faithful we had JUST missed it. We saw it going off from the parking lot. We decided to stay and just get front row seats for the next time it went off. Luckily, thanks to Bountiful Baskets, we had all of the stuff for yummy sandwiches for lunch (thanks mom for making all of them). So we just sat on the benches and hung out and ate lunch until it went off again. Jamen went and got ice cream, which only made us all really crave it!
Finally after what seemed like forever Old Faithful went off again. I think it is amazing how big it is. As it was starting to die down another one went off behind it. It was really cool to see both of them at he same time. After they were done we decided to walk around some of the trails they have. There was so much to see! We could have walked around for days. After a while we all were hot, sweaty, and tired. We made our way back to the lodge area and where Old Faithful goes off. We got back right in time to see it go off again. Once it was over we went into the lodge and waited for my dad and Tevin to get back so we could all get ice cream. It was YUMMY! Especially after walking around in the hot sun for so long. (don't worry, I got quite the lovely sunburn from it)
After that we decided we should start heading back to Rexburg. We were supposed to meet up with Juston's parents for dinner that night. However, as we were driving back we kept seeing wildlife! We saw elk, bison, and some bird thing. Seeing the bison was so scary to me! It was seriously SO CLOSE. I was a big chicken and only wanted to look at it through the sunroof in the car. I finally got brave and took a picture with it. We were probably only 20 feet away from it. After that we kept driving and saw a whole herd of them. They were HUGE! We walked out into the meadow, but stayed much farther away this time. As we were getting ready to head back to the car they started to stand up. I got very scared and ran back to the car. But thankfully we all made it out safely :)
On the drive home we were all so tired! We were all falling asleep, even my dad. I think this is one of the few times I have ever seen him trade with my mom so he could sleep. But, because we stopped for so many animals we didn't make it back in time for dinner with Juston's parents. We tried to go to Big Judd's that night, but they were already closed :( sad day. So we drove back to Rexburg and went to Craigo's instead. YUMMY! I love that place. I am so glad they opened one in Draper so we can go again. We all stuffed our bellies with their delicious pizza, salad, pasta. My favorite is their pasta and dessert pizza, but everything is tasty!
And finally, to end the night Juston and I met up with his parents at our apartment. It was good to finally see them! We just hung out for a little while before calling it a night and going to bed. It was a long, fun day. And we were so happy everyone was finally there!




2 comments:
Congrats on your graduation and your baby on the way!!
Ash
May I just say that you are such a city girl :) And that they're called BUFFALO. Oh and you probably shouldn't get that close to one. They tend to charge. Just sayin. :)
Post a Comment