In my Book of Mormon class our teacher is really trying to focus on the teachings of Christ. Every few weeks we read and have to summarize an article about Christ and the Atonement. I have really enjoyed reading these articles because they really make me think. I usually feel like I know about the Atonement, but these articles really have taught me a lot. They have helped me realize its not only for those who commit serious sin, or just sin in general. It helps us in so many other ways.
The one we are reading this week talked a lot about perfection. Many of us, including myself, feel like we have to be perfect. Sometimes I get really down on myself thinking I'm not good enough. I feel like because I struggle with daily scripture study, I sometimes miss my daily prayers, I feel like I don't have the knowledge I should, and many other little things...that I'm never going to be good enough.
After reading this article tonight, it has really changed my perspective. I know I am not perfect, and I'm never going to be totally perfect. BUT, I can be. Through Christ I can become perfect. We have made covenants with him, and together we can work towards my exaltation. As long as I am doing everything I can, he will do the rest. I don't need to get so down on myself for not being perfect, I just need to put my trust in the Lord.
There was a quote in this article that I really liked....it said, "Many of us are trying to save ourselves, holding the atonement of Jesus Christ at arm’s distance and saying, “When I’ve perfected myself, then I’ll be worthy of the Atonement.” But that’s not how it works. That’s like saying, “I won’t take the medicine until I’m well. I’ll be worthy of it then.”
I love this gospel, and I am so grateful I am a member of the church.
1 comment:
just imagine me crying in front of the world- not being able to understand a word i say... thats probably wat it will be like...
Post a Comment