I finally have a few minutes to blog so I'm going to try to give a little update on our lives. I had pictures, but somehow my SD card got formatted weird, which resulted in the pictures being erased. Sad day. So I am going to do a few bullets. (or maybe lots...since I have a LOT to update about)
--We moved back to Rexburg on September 1. We didn't realize how much STUFF we have. Holy cow. It took a little Ford Ranger (one of the things I wish I had a picture of...it was packed SOOO high. I think we looked a little like the Beverly Hillbillies), a Suburban FULL and with our mattress on top, and both of our cars to get everything here.
--We had one day to move in, and surprisingly got it all done and organized in that time.
--We went to Vegas Labor Day weekend for Tevin's baptism. I cant believe he is that old...holy cow. But it was a great weekend. We played with my family a lot, Juston got some good boy time in and got to do a night 4-wheeler ride, I went to the COOLEST park and I wish Rexburg had one like it, and we went to a fun little water park in St. George on the way back.
--We spent the rest of our Bed Bath and Beyond and Target gift cards. We got some good stuff, mostly to make our apartment feel like a home. (and it really does!)
--I started my job. That is really a whole post by itself. But basically I started 2 weeks ago and am STILL working on getting access to everything I need. I am becoming great friends with the HR department and the computer tech guy since we all talk a few times a day.
--We started school on the 10th. And I can honestly say that I LOVE it! I don't know if it took a summer of doing NOTHING and realizing how CRAPPY that is or what...but now I LOVE LOVE LOVE school. I don't think I have any classes I dread going to. It also keeps me very busy, which is nice.
--I also have started my early field experience, which is my first time ever being in a real elementary classroom as a "teacher." I love it, but it makes me VERY nervous. I have been having some real struggles sometimes about whether I'm really cut out to be a teacher or not.
--Juston started his new major, which is a COMPLETE change for him, but he loves it so far. (which makes me very happy as well)
--We made a plan for our lives for the next 5ish years. (which now that we have it, of course it wont happen the way we plan...but at least we have one) We will both be done with taking classes in 4 more semesters. Then I will student teach and he will do his internship in the summer of 2011....in LAS VEGAS!!! Then we will work and he will start physical therapy school the next summer.
--I officially became a Pace. It is still so weird to me. That was one of the blunders of starting work. The only thing I have left to do is change my name at the bank and on my drivers license.
--Now that we have friends we feel like we need to ALWAYS have people over. We have had a few people over to hang out, have dinner, or stay the weekend. That has been something we have really enjoyed.
--We also hosted our first big dinner party last night. We were so nervous about the food amounts. We served tacos. We made the meat and everyone else brought a topping. We ended up having the perfect amount of food for almost everything. There were a few things that were a little off, but overall we had the perfect amount of food. We also somehow fit around 20 people into our apartment somewhat comfortably. We thought that would be way worse than it was. But the night turned out great and I think everyone had a good time just hanging out and visiting. We definitely will be doing something like that again.
Life is definitely wonderful for us right now. We are extremely busy, but somehow have still found time to keep the house clean, eat real dinners, spend time together, and get to bed early. (When I say early I mean before 12. I really can't tell you anytime in my life since I was maybe 10 that I've ever regularly gone to bed before 12) I can't believe this month is already almost over!
Sorry this is just so much writing with no pictures. I will try to be better about updating more regularly from now on!!
1 comment:
Just wait until you have kids. Staying up until 12 will be a momentus occasion.
Post a Comment