turqoise dots background

Monday, October 19, 2009

Holy Guacamole

We have been married 6 months. Now, am I saying holy guacamole because it has already been 6 months, or because it has only been 6 months? I'm not really sure.

We aren't really the kind of couple that celebrates every month of being together. Usually its, "hey did you know we have been married for x amount of months today?" Sometimes watch a movie and say it is for that month anniversary, but usually we would be doing that anyway haha.

This month was no different. I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to plan a date for Juston, but I just kept getting so busy or things would come up so I wouldn't be able to prepare for it in time. Well, it just so happened that this weekend I finally had time to put it together, so we said it was for our 6th month anniversary!

I made a really cool dinner for us. I have heard about the Melting Pot and all of its fabulousness. But for one, the closest one is Boise. And for two, the cheapest dinner for two is like 100 bucks. And you know, because we are so rich and all....right. Anyway I decided to bring the Melting Pot to us. Probably the most fabulous idea I have ever had. It was a pretty expensive date to do just us, but it was SOOO worth it!!

I made a cheese fondue for our appetizer. I toasted some french bread in the oven to make it crispy and warm. Then we had a caesar salad. Then we had a very very tasty meat fondue. I had a little mishap with the steak I bought, so Juston had to run (literally) to the store and buy some new stuff. Oh well. Thank you Darci for helping me make such a yummy broth. Then we had a YUMMY chocolate fondue with pound cake (that I made, no not from scratch...but hey I still made it haha), strawberries, and bananas. It was probably one of the best meals we have ever had together. It is our new favorite!

We had TONS of leftovers so we invited some friends over on Sunday to help us finish them off. We added chicken to the menu. We didn't think it would be as good, but I would almost venture to say it was better than the steak! Crazy I know.

I really can't believe we have been married 6 months. (again, can't believe only or already, I'm not sure) So much has changed in my life since I met Juston. I have actual plans for my life, I am thinking about when to have kids (I know I could do that anytime, but it is a little more serious when you are actually married...), I have my own apartment that I can decorate....etc. etc. There really is so much. I have learned so much about myself as a person and as a wife/companion in the last 6 months. I have grown so much in ways I never thought possible. I have many of the same worries and concerns as I did before, and then some...but I have really learned how to be happy despite all of that.

I am also focusing so much on myself and how I have grown in this marriage....but we have grown so much together too. We have faced so many challenges together, but always figure out how to get through them. I love us!!

I love you Juston!!!




Now that I have made all of you puke, I am done :)

1 comment:

Alex, Orchid, Layla, & Leo Christensen said...

WOW This is the best blog! I didn't puke at all butthead. I LOVE YOU.