This weekend was actually a lot of fun! It was really just one big long date. It sort of started on Thursday night. I made dinner and was a little annoyed because it took a really long time and then I was left with the mess and homework. Juston on the other hand had finished his homework while I was making dinner. So I was a bit jealous which made my mood that much worse. Lucky for me though, I have a great husband. I think he totally sensed my annoyance and jumped up and did all of the dishes. Then he took me out for frozen yogurt because our punch card was full so we got it for free!! I decided to just postpone my homework for Saturday morning because I didn't have anything actually due on Friday. So after ice cream we rented "Date Night" and watched it and went to bed.
Friday we also went on a date. We went to the $5 buck pizza place and got pizza. That is one of our new favorite places because it is cheap and yummy. Then we went to the cheap theaters and saw "The Next 3 Days."
Saturday we woke up and did homework ALL morning. Juston went up to the school and studied and took a test. I thought I was going to stay home and go up later. But, that was not the case. I went up to the school and did my art projects for my Art Methods class. Luckily this project only took me about an hour. (usually they take me many hours because they are so much work) I then went home and finished the rest of my homework and most of my lesson planning. Later that day Juston went to work out (and has lost about 8 lbs now!! Woo hoo!) and I finally showered. Once we were all done we went out on a double date with our friends Craig and Jenny Pickett (who are also from Las Vegas so maybe we'll actually keep in contact after graduation).
For our double date we went to Big Judd's our in Ririe. How we have never been there is beyond me. It is definitely an experience everyone in Rexburg needs to have at least once. This place is famous for its GIANT hamburgers. We decided to order their big burger to share, but got it as a double. So we shared a 2 lb. hamburger - which equates to a half pound EACH. Plus we got the Hickory burger or something so it also had bacon, onion rings, tomato, lettuce, and all of that stuff on it. Seriously, I have never seen a hamburger that big before. It was so good though! I think we would have been plenty fine with a single patty burger though. This meal also comes with fries, drinks, and ice cream! We were SO full after and even took leftovers home. (Well, Craig and Jenny did. We didn't take ours) After that we went back to their house and sat in the hot tub at their clubhouse. Then we got lucky and got to watch a movie in the theater room because the people who had reserved it didn't show up. It was such a fun date night and we will definitely be doing it again sometime!
![]() |
| Huckleberry Ice Cream. YUM! Plus I also had Birthday Cake ice cream. Again - YUM! |
![]() |
| One piece of the burger |
![]() |
| Me attempting to eat the burger. I definitely had to smash it to be able to eat it. |
![]() |
| Our half of the burger. I still can't get over how big it was! |
Sunday was Superbowl Sunday. Neither of us really care for NFL football so we weren't really excited for the game. We were just excited to get together with friends and have lots of yummy food. We went to Butch and Sarie's apartment and had pulled pork sandwiches. We also brought chicken spinach artichoke dip, queso dip, and meatballs. Plus they had chips and salsa, soda, and cookies. So much food! But it was really fun to hang out with everyone all day.
I think I gained about 10 pounds this weekend, but it was worth it. It was a lot of fun together and with all of our friends. I wish we could have more weekends like this - but not get fat haha.
(Now that I look back, we really spent a lot this weekend from lots of little cheap dates. Oops, but oh well!)




1 comment:
haha! Brighton- I love your posts. :)
cheap dates are the bets. I can't even tell you how many times we've hit up 5 buck pizza and the dollar theater! oh- and we also just got our free frozen yogurt because our punch card was full! BEST! FEELING! EVER!
Post a Comment