turqoise dots background

Monday, December 3, 2012

Halloween

This year for Halloween Jackson was an elephant.  I had a really hard time picking out his costume because 1, I didn't want to spend a lot of money and 2, I wanted it to be cute and unique.  My mom had bought him an elephant candy bucket a while ago so I thought something to go with that would be good.  But, I couldn't think of anything.  Thankfully, there is a really awesome garage sale page for our area on Facebook.  After I had bought two other costumes from DI (a dinosaur and a lion - neither of which I was in love with) someone posted this elephant costume.  I almost didn't get it but I am so glad I did! He was so stinkin cute.  I wanted him to wear the costume all the time because it was so cute.  He put it on one random day just to make sure I liked it and he would wear it.  After just a few minutes he got used to the ears and stopped trying to get them off.  We also went to a little trick or treat thing in a neighborhood close by and our ward Trunk or Treat.  

The night of Halloween we ate dinner with Nitosha and Kyle before getting ready and heading out to trick or treat.  We planned to just go for a little while but ended up being out somewhat late.  We first went to my parents' to show my mom his costume.  After that we went to Juston's parents' house to show them their costumes and trick or treat in their neighborhood.  We thought we would be done after that, but we were wrong.  Ha.  We met up with some friends Nitosha works with and trick or treated until the boys were basically sleeping.

It was such a fun night.  I really wasn't expecting a lot of fun because Jackson isn't really old enough yet.  But it really was fun.  They thought the suckers were great and were just happy the whole time.

Other festivities were  carving pumpkins, painting pumpkins (we made edible paint and let the boys paint little pumpkins.  Jackson just ate it), and Halloween dinners.  I think it was a successful Halloween this year!

















No comments: