turqoise dots background

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Testimony

Juston and I had an extremely cool experience this week that I really want written down.

We decided a month or so ago that we wanted to move out of this apartment so we could live below our good friends Sarah and Andrew. There is an opening now so we decided to take advantage of it. Everything seemed to be working out, and we felt good about our decision. We found someone to buy our contract without even advertising, or so we thought. After we had paid the $275 deposit and everything, we found out the people who were supposed to buy it no longer could.

So, we sent out an e-mail to all of the Elementary Education majors at the school (which is a LOT of people) and put an ad on the school's bulletin board. Usually just putting an ad up is enough to get responses within a few days. Not the case with us. We didn't hear ANYTHING for quite some time. When we finally did start hearing something it was just people asking if it was still available and then had no followup. We started to get really stressed out about it.

After two weeks we decided to put up another ad, from each of our accounts. We also send out emails to everyone we possibly could. We did EVERYTHING we absolutely felt we could do. Finally, we decided we couldn't do this on our own. Although we had been praying about it, we thought we needed to make it a little more serious. So, on Wednesday night we decided to start a fast. We fasted all through Thursday. I think this was my first time REALLY fasting for 24 hours. Usually when I fast I start it in the morning and fast until I get home from church. Well, it was definitely the right thing to do. We got 4-5 emails, and about the same amount of phone calls from people who were really serious about buying our contract. We had at least two, and maybe more, people fill out applications. And,

TODAY WE SOLD OUR CONTRACT!!!!!

We are very excited! It is a single guy moving in by himself. We will hopefully be out by the 18th-19th, and he will move in as soon as we are out. So we will also be getting a prorated rent for this month, which is definitely great for us. We are so excited, and have DEFINITELY gained a stronger testimony of fasting. I definitely learned that if you do the things you are supposed to, and then rely on the Lord, he will bless you if it is what is right. This was such an amazing experience, and I hope we can remember this in the future.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome expierence brighton ilove that you fastedfira full 24 hours! i just usually do thewhole fast through church thing too!

Alex, Orchid, Layla, & Leo Christensen said...

I am so beyond proud of you Brighton! I know that fasting for 24 hours is hard! I know the times that I've done exactly 24 hours have always been such a stronger spiritually uplifting day! I am so proud and happy for you! Please please let me know what we can do to help! LOVE YOU!