turqoise dots background

Monday, April 5, 2010

Update I guess

I'm not really sure what I should write about. I feel like I had SO much that I have wanted to write about but just haven't had the time. So I will just start writing and hope that things come to mind.


1. I have blonde hair!! My friend and I dyed my hair a few weeks ago and it is pretty dang light. (compared to my natural color) But, I love it! I think it is so fun. The only thing I don't really love is how fast it grows out. I feel like I need to get it touched up so often!
Sorry for the poor quality....I took this picture with my phone. I haven't really taken any pictures since....
Oh, and I also don't really wear my bangs like this anymore.  I liked them for about a day and then got sick of them. So now I am growing them out and then will recut them a different way.


2. Juston FINALLY got his passport.  I can't even tell you how stressed we were about that.  At first it was denied because he didn't have the correct birth certificate. In order to get the right birth certificate we had to pay upwords of 200 bucks. Not fun I tell ya! Then whenever we would call to make sure it would be here in time they just kept telling us they weren't sure and they couldn't check on its status. Whew.  Luckily it came!!


3. It is finals week!!! WOOO HOOO!!! I am already done with my baking and water aerobics classes.  We will see how baking turns out....I hated that class. I thought it would be a fun, low stress, easy A (plus it was a prereq for cake decorating which I will be taking next semester). However, it was NOT easy, fun, or low stress. So that blew.


4. We have some amazing friends! Last weekend when we got home from Salt Lake I was doing homework and Juston was in our room reading.  He came in and told me he was going to take a warm shower because he couldn't get warm. I thought that was extremely weird because I am usually the one doing that or else cuddling up to him because I'm freezing to death.  Well, about an hour or so later I went in to go to bed.  Juston was still awake and looked awful.  He was SOOO hot, but if I took any blankets off of him he started shivering like crazy.  And, of course we live in Rexburg where there are NO 24 hour stores; the closest one that I know of is half hour away.  I wanted to get a thermometer to check his temperature because I was really worried it was too high.  I gave him Tylenol and put a cold rag on his head.  In about 5 minutes the rag felt like I had put it in the microwave.  At this point I was getting pretty worried.  So I asked him if he wanted me to call our friend Andrew that lives above us and ask him to come down.  He said yes (which actually really surprised me. Juston usually says things like, "no I'll be fine," or whatever...). So I called Andrew (sidenote....he thought it was morning when I called him and that I was asking who was driving that day haha). When I explained what was going on he hurried down and offered to help any way he could.  We just asked him to give Juston a blessing, which he did.  After he left I set my alarm for a few hours later so I could wake up and check on Juston's temperature.  I had decided if it hadn't gone down substantially then I was going to make him take a cold bath.  Luckily when it went off he felt a lot cooler (still warm, but better). By the morning Juston said he was doing fine and decided he was well enough to go to school.  I seriously was SOOO grateful for our good friends that night.


5. We got to go down to Salt Lake last weekend.  It was a great trip.  My cousin Cole got home from his mission and was giving his homecoming talk.  It was nice to be able to see my family and some of our extended family.  We had lots of fun together.  On Saturday afternoon/evening Juston and I took Dakota and Slate down to Spanish Fork for the Festival of Colors.  We got there RIGHT as they were doing the countdown to the big throw.  We got as deep into the middle as we could so we could get nice and colorful.  After that we just wandered around and saw friends and got as dirty as possible.  It was a lot of fun.


That's all I can think of for now.  I will do a different post for Easter!! If I think of anything else I will hopefully have time to post it in the next few days before we leave on our CRUISE!!!

No comments: