turqoise dots background

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Frustrated

I haven't been this frustrated with a class in a long time.  I haven't loved all of my classes, but I haven't been this frustrated with the teacher and class in quite a while.  I am taking a lot of classes for my major this semester and love that I have them instead of generals.  But, my Science Methods class is driving me INSANE! My first pet peeve is that she is very "my way or the highway" in her teaching and expectations.  A few weeks ago we wrote a lesson plan and she marked off points because something wasn't worded EXACTLY how she wanted it to be, even though it communicated the same thing.  But today the thing that really through me over the top was her accusing my friend and I of cheating.  We had to write another lesson plan last week.  The way that she structures it is we write it, get it peer reviewed, and then the next class it is due to her.  Well, we knew that we had chosen the same topic but didn't do them together and came up with our ideas for the lesson on our own.  Of course we were going to have similarities because they were the same topic.  However, what we didn't know was that on the day that we peer reviewed them she was teaching the same topic as well.  We knew she wouldn't be exactly happy about it but we had done it before we knew and didn't copy her or each other.  We should be fine right? NOPE. She gave them back today and gave us both zeros because she said it was the same lesson she taught.  Um sorry, but they were NOT the same thing. Yes, similar. How could they not be.  Luckily one of the girls that peer reviewed it came to our rescue and told her we really had written it before she did the demonstration.  So now she will actually look through it and give us a grade.  But, I have a feeling it won't be a good one because she thinks we copied. UGH!!!

No comments: