turqoise dots background

Friday, June 25, 2010

Update

I know you are all waiting to see the finished version of the frame....I am working on getting a picture uploaded.  It has been done (minus the vinyl) for quite a while (and looks amazing) but I haven't uploaded a picture yet.  I will get on that asap.

We are almost done with the semester!! Less than a month.  I am SO excited.  We are going on a road trip with Juston's parents to Northern California and then up the coast to Seattle.  I have never been to the Northwest part of the country so I am extremely excited for this.  We will also be going to Vegas for a week or two (probably two) sometime during our break.  I am hoping to get some swimming in there.  I also know I will probably complain the whole time about the heat, but I am SO excited for it.  Rexburg doesn't know what heat or summer means.  Although it did get up to 80 degrees yesterday.  Everyone complained all day about how hot it was but I was in Heaven.  I didn't think I would ever miss the Vegas heat, but I really do.

We are making a quick trip to Utah this weekend.  Juston's filling came out and our lovely (mandatory) student insurance doesn't cover much of anything (unless you are pregnant...then it is good).  So since it won't cover a penny to fix his tooth my Uncle Matt said he would help us. We are extremely grateful for this!! We are going to make a trip out of it and are staying with some of Juston's friends and going to his old roommate Jason's wedding. We are excited for that.  We will probably come back REALLY late Saturday night or EARLY Sunday morning.

We are having a fondue dinner with a few of our friends Sunday night.  There will be 5 couples: Sarah and Andrew Starnes, Sam and Aaron Burch, Danny and Kate Schkrohowski, and Danny and Brittney Mortensen. (and us, obviously)  I am excited to do this again.  We haven't had a full on fondue dinner since I made it for Juston in our old apartment.  It was SO much work to do it alone so I haven't wanted to do it again.  But this time since there are so many of us we split up all of the stuff so it should be fairly cheap for all of us and minimal work. Woo hoo! Our table isn't big enough for all of us so we will be having it on the floor haha. I'm sure I will take some pictures (ok maybe on that) and update about it next week.

I survived teaching all four of my lessons this week.  I taught in a 2nd grade classroom for my Lit class on compound words.  Then I taught to my peers in my PE, music, and science methods classes.  PE was fun.  I taught about crab soccer and did some fun drills and then played crab soccer with the big ball.  Music was my hardest one because I had to sing in front of the class (and I do NOT have a singing voice!), and my song was also hard.  It was high and had a hard rhythm.  But I think I managed to do a decent job on it.  And lastly, my science lesson sucked.  I had a cute little hands on experiment about pollution using food coloring.  Lets just say it didn't work out all that well. I put too much food coloring and didn't have a big enough container.  Plus it lasted all of five minutes.  Oh well.

We went camping last weekend at Mesa Falls.  We made tinfoil dinners that were LOADED with goodness.  We put hamburger, potatoes, carrots, green and red bell peppers, onions, and asparagus.  I thought the asparagus was good, but would probably leave it out next time.  I also loaded them with tons of spices.  We have learned that the more spices the better with these.  Juston brought his BB guns and ran around shooting things.  We also went on a little hike, but half way in decided we didn't actually want to go to the upper falls so we turned around haha.

Last weekend we also drove to Pocatello to get my ring inspected for the warranty.  We have been to the store there before so we didn't think it would be all that big of a deal. WRONG. It is now gone and the closest one is in Twin Falls. (a few MORE hours away from where we were) So instead we bought Juston's shirt for McKay's wedding and I bought a summer dress.  It was so frustrating.  Luckily they have stores in Utah so we will go this weekend.

I think that's about all I have been wanting to blog. Hopefully I can get back into blogging regularly soon....

No comments: