turqoise dots background

Friday, August 20, 2010

Wow so much to update!!

I really with we had a card reader so I could load our pictures on and blog.  We have done SOOO much since I last blogged.

I will write some now and then update again later with pictures....

We started off the trip by driving to Paradise, CA with Juston's parents.  Paradise was definitely not what I expected (weather wise anyway).  I expected it to be a LOT cooler, because A: it is in NORTHERN California, and B: it is in the mountains.  Well, it was anything BUT cool.  Whew.  But it was fun to spend time with his grandparents and get to know them better. 

Sidenote....while we were there we went to their ward.  I saw what it would be like if my dad were ever called as the ward chorister.  It was awesome, and I hope it happens one day! (basically, he sang loud, didn't know the right melody or tune....aka, my dad!)

Then we started the drive up the Oregon coast.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Oregon.  It is SO pretty.  The weather was a little bit annoying though.  It definitely seemed to know exactly when we would be driving and be nice and sunny then, but cloudy and cold when we got to our destination. (We didn't even drive at the same time any of the days...)  During this part of the trip we saw the Redwoods (amazing), beaches, and went to an aquarium.

Next we went to Washington.  We did a lot in Washington.  We went to McKay and Ali's wedding, saw some of Juston's family, visited our friends Sarah and Andrew, went on a Duck Tour, went to the Sound Project museum, saw Pikes Place market (and bought some awesome $5 flowers), and watched my dad and Jamen race.  These were definitely my favorite races to watch.  We could see most of it so we didn't get bored.  Plus it wasn't hot!

And now we are in Las Vegas.  So far we have gone swimming, making BBQ sauce and chile sauce, went to the Lady Gaga concert, and played with family.  Tonight I went to Kelsi's bachelorette party.  Tomorrow I am going to wait outside of the temple with some girlfriends for her, go to Erin Cory's bridal shower, Kelsi's reception, and Sage Spendlove's reception.  It's going to be a BUSY day. Then Sunday I will be going to Kaity Word and Ashley Gibson's farewell talks.  And their open houses.  Whew.  And sometime in the next week we are going to make salsa and rasberry jam, hopefully go to the lake, and maybe the beach.  I love being here!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.