turqoise dots background

Monday, August 19, 2013

iPhone Dump

I have obviously really slacked at blogging the last couple of months.  It makes me sad because I LOVE looking back on my blog and blog books. It sucks I won't really have anything for most of this year - but oh well.  Really, the best way these days to see what's going on in our lives is to follow us on Instagram.  It's so easy to just post a quick picture and caption from the day.  I am so grateful to have an iPhone though.  I love that it takes decent pictures because I always have it.  Thankfully that means I take lots of pictures throughout our days.  So - my phone really tells the story of our lives these days.  Be prepared because there will be a million pictures on this post!




blanket I started and have yet to finish for Grayson.  Oops 

playing in preschool

I was proud of myself for actually getting ready.  Probably one of the only pictures of myself pregnant



hahaha - we had to be ghetto to get the pool home

He wasn't quite done with his nap

Playing at the park one night

Easy shopping!




After shaved ice

He likes to take pictures of himself on my phone

He loves getting his hair done by dad

yummy yummy cheesecake I made

he loves the baby stuff

Grandma, Bridger, and Jackson at Madeline and Hadley's lemonade stand


barely on the bed - I love having a video monitor and seeing these funny things

my awesome welcome sign Nitosha sent me

he loves to read the scriptures - I hope that is something that sticks throughout his life

poor kid not feeling well


he just wanted to hold my thumb

mmmmm. Had to send this picture to my sister in law Rose to make her jealous :)

This was in a public bathroom - so confused.  Do people regularly drink out of toilets thinking it's sanitary??

He has started to just randomly give kisses now - best thing ever!

new haircut

he had to literally lay on top of me


he thought playing in this was the greatest thing ever

getting ready for our trip to Utah

totally mesmerized by the iPad

haha - too big for the pack n play


this picture makes me laugh every time I see it.  After him not sleeping well in the pack n play because it was too small I moved him to the bunk bed with me.  He kept falling down the crack so I shoved pillows down there.  THEN I woke up and he was gone.  I panicked! I finally turned on the closet light and found him clear at the bottom of the bed


visiting my grandma's grave before heading home


relaxing with his life jacket on

he was SO cuddly the last few weeks before Grayson was born

Caprice's wedding - she was SO beautiful


He LOVES his sandbox

my awesome preschool class at graduation

drinking the water squirting out of the hose on the swamp cooler



The tub is the best babysitter :)



Unfortunately this is the only picture from our date.  But before we had Grayson we did another stay-cation.  We slept in, got pedicures, ate at Texas de Brazil (SOOOOOO GOOD!), and went to a movie at a luxury theater.  Great day

He loves to help unload the dishwasher


Always finding the binkies

Swimming!

the picture we sent to everyone after he was born

so peaceful

first diaper change ha

we had a few hours alone the day he was born - it was so great.  I loved our time together


basking in the sun to help with his jaundice


Jackson would (and still will) throw fits if we take Grayson away.  He loves to hold him and cuddle him

wide awake in the middle of the night - it was so hard when he had his days/nights switched!


I've been SO grateful for Sesame Street, Netflix, and the iPad - especially the first month.  It was hard enough getting sleep, entertaining Jackson, and taking care of Grayson.  It was nice to have him sit still and watch it for a little while (or long while some days).

Always checking on Grayson


first bath




taking newborn pictures


BSU colors 

so tiny

just cuddling together.  He was so tiny!




Jackson wanted juice one night but either we didnt have any or didn't want to give it to him - I don't remember.  But I remembered a trick my mom told me about putting a little food coloring in water.  It worked GREAT! We still do it and he thinks he's getting juice but it's just water.  Win - win!




One of his favorite books

right before he fell in head first.  I about died laughing!


We got free donuts for taking in a tie!



both Jackson and Grayson would hold their hands like this while they ate when they were tiny - LOVE it.  

Fathers Day matching boys - Grayson was just a week or so old

mmmmmm! My dad brought me back a ham & cheese croissant from Newport.

He thinks he's a big boy and should sit up to the table instead of in his high chair.  Funny thing is that's not a chair - it's a step stool. Ha




post shaved ice

I love dressing them up in matching clothes




free day at the bird sanctuary 

a nice grandma kept giving him quarters to get food to feed the animals


The food pellets for the animals looked like little rocks/dirt.  After he ran out of food he kept picking up the dirt and trying to feed the animals.  He didn't understand why they wouldn't come to him and eat anymore.


Tevin came with us to help me chase Jackson around - so glad for the help


hahahaha the timing of this picture is just pricelessly disgusting (ahem - ostrich on the left)  


first movie in the park - so fun!


I really needed to clean the bathroom one day.  I knew if I just tried to clean it Jackson would be into EVERYTHING.  Cleaning products, trying to be productive, and Jackson just don't mix.  So I decided to make bath paints for him to keep him contained.  He LOVED it! (and I got the whole bathroom scrubbed!)

my favorite pjs


Grayson was sad so Jackson came to comfort him

Jackson fell asleep in his tent


he loves hats


family home evening one night


he loves helping load and  unload the laundry - but I just read a blog about a girl's son that fell in and drowned and I'm all paranoid now.  (he was trying to put more stuff in after they were done loading it)  I think I might get some kind of lock to make me feel better.  I love letting him help me and he loves doing it so I don't like that it makes me feel nervous now.


4th of July drink trial run

fireworks on the 3rd of July - we discovered the park right across the street from Juston's parents has a great view and is totally empty! We'll be going there every year now


Matching for the 4th of July - with crazy bed head!


Actual 4th of July drink!


he HATED HATED HATED the fireworks.  Luckily we could see them from our little window on the side of the house so we sat inside and watched them together


We got a trampoline on the facebook garage sale site and both boys are in heaven

licking the bowl clean!



this outfit is what we used to announce he'd be a boy - it was one of my favorite outfits


the smoke from the fires on the mountain.  This actually looks better than it did some days - it was bad

the sun through the smoke from the fires


we added the curtains and lights to our bedroom - I love it!

We have spent lots of time at the museum this summer - we LOVE it.



these are the girls I usually go with - all three of us have 2 kids 2 and under.  We are crazy



Trying to fit the ball in his high chair with him

one day Grayson just decided he was ready to be more alert and awake during the day

sitting in the water table to play

fell asleep eating lunch

ha - the next few pictures are ones I found as I was going through a couple boxes.  This is my dad and I at and Activity Days Daddy Daughter Date

Another one

Mom and Daughter Tea Party for Activity Days

bahahahaha - Dakota and Slate

my baptism day

one of my birthday parties - sorry it's sideways


my baptism day again - I mostly just think it's crazy to look at the background and how much everything has changed





I love little kid spelling 

One night Jackson would NOT go back to bed in the night so we let him sleep with us out of desperation.  I also feed Grayson on our bed and he fell asleep.  This picture has Juston, Jackson, Grayson, and Swarley all in our bed - with no room for me!

One of the two free cafe Zupas meals we went to

love his crazy bed head

museum again - apparently he likes to carry plates like a waiter 

bowl on his head :)


At the Zupas free dinner.  This was during one of Grayson's growth spurts so I was ALWAYS hungry.  Seriously, I NEVER felt full, ever.  It was kind of awful most days.  At this dinner I ate a soup, two salads. a sandwich, a few chocolate covered strawberries, a big brownie, drank lots of soda, and I was still pretty hungry.  Oh I'm so glad I'm not feeling like that anymore! 


Fat and happy :)


cutest little kid ever! Everything in this outfit is either from the garage sale pages or DI - awesome!

museum




hahahaha - he just sat with his arm like this for so long


hoarding all the balls



one of our giant zucchini from our garden

coloring in the tub

thinking he was going to get to keep the binky

pit stop on the way to utah

5 generation picture - my Great Grandpa Terry (my mom's mom's dad), my Grandpa Killpack (my mom's dad - my Great Grandpa's son in law), my mom, me, Jackson and Grayson.  My g. Grandpa is 93 and his memory is mostly gone.  Health wise he is doing great though.  He just walks the halls of his little nursing home all day long. 

Jackson was so mad when we put Grayson in the bumbo


once again fell asleep on our floor

we have been drinking smoothies most days - we both love it! I know he's getting lots of nutrients and he gets a yummy drink.  This has been especially helpful while he's been getting 4 big teeth at once and not wanting to eat much.

the BEST bread.  

hahaha - I know this is gross.  I sent t his to Juston one day asking if he wished he were home.  Haha.





always carrying around his blanket


Had to get an ingrown toenail fixed thanks to stubbing my toe and breaking off the toenail - having numb toes was one of the weirdest feelings ever.

he loves reading - especially when it's Elmo

trying to climb on the chair while holding all of his cars

hahaha - this picture is so funny to me.  Before this he had put the balls in the cup holders and kinda fallen asleep.  All of a sudden he woke up and did a huge gasp.  Then he picked them all up like this and fell back to sleep.  Funny kid

I read a recipe online a while ago for "dirty" cokes.  It's just coconut syrup and we like to add limes also.  It originated from a place called Swig in St. George.  Las weekend while we were there we had to try the real thing - plus their famous cookies.  We may or may not have gone twice ;)


barely keeping his eyes open

so cute sleeping together

again such a hoarder - this time of balloons at my dad's birthday.


one day he randomly decided to go down the stairs head first.  Crazy kid


Jackson wanted to be in the two month pictures

and take his own :)
 Well! Whew.  We made it.  Ha.  Now I'm *kinda* caught up ;)

No comments: