turqoise dots background

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Jackson's 2nd Birthday

I seriously can't believe I have a 2 year old!! For one, I'm not old enough for that ;) and for two wasn't he just born!?  Jackson is growing and learning so much so fast.  He had been in 18 month clothes for a good 9 or so months.  We just switched him to 24 month and 2t.  But pants were still too long on him.  Of course, as soon as I bought him some 18m pants he hit a huge growth spurt and grew out of them in two weeks.  At his 2 year well check he was 29 pounds and I don't remember how tall.  But I remember he is 75th percentile for height and 60th for weight.  We don't know where he is getting his height from!  Our doctor said he will probably be over 6 foot.  Crazy - since we are both on the shorter side.

Jackson has finally started to talk a lot!  I was starting to get worried about him because he just didn't really seem super interested in talking.  Finally he's trying and saying probably one or two new words every day.  I LOVE it!  I can finally communicate a little better with him rather than just trying to figure out what the heck he's screaming about.  He still throws big tantrums but they are definitely less in number.  Hallelujah.

Jackson has also become really sweet.  He loves Grayson so much.  He's constantly giving him kisses, hugs, trying to pick him up, talking to him, helping burp him, etc.  He gets really mad when he can't hold him.  He also loves to cuddle up with us and watch movies, especially when he's tired.

For his birthday we celebrated the day before.  His actual birthday was on the Saturday of conference and we just didn't want to deal with planning around it.  Juston took the day off so we could spend it all with him.  We woke up and went with our neighbor to the kids museum.  He loves it there and we had lots of fun.  Then we ran a few errands while him and Grayson slept in the car.  Then after we set up for the party we went to Sam's Club for pizza and hotdogs for dinner.  He even got his own drink, ha!

We had an Elmo themed party.  He was OBSESSED with Elmo, until I planned his party and our Halloween costumes.  Oh well.  He still likes Elmo, just not near as much as before.  I made an Elmo cake, bought Sam's club cupcakes, and made red KoolAid to look like Elmo.  Easy, cute, and stress free.  Perfect.  It ended up being a small party and was really perfect.  We had my family, Juston's parents, and our neighbors across the street (Krista and Payden Anderson).  We just had cake and ice cream, opened presents, and just played.

On his actual birthday we brought him a muffin in bed (his favorite breakfast) and mostly just played at home.  He also went to dinner with Juston and his dad that night after the priesthood session.  It was a fun, easy day.

We love you so much Jackson!! We are so glad you came into our lives and made us parents.  Thanks for being one of my best buddies!!















No comments: