turqoise dots background

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wedding day...part two!

So, I'm going to be honest...most of this day is a huge blur to me! It all seemed so surreal.

I woke up at about 6:30 am wide awake. I tried to fall back asleep because I knew it would be a long day and I would need as much sleep as I could get...but it didn't help. So at about 7:30ish I got out of bed and showered. I was planning to do my makeup and stuff at Kirsta's house so I could do it with the girls, but I realized I forgot EVERYTHING I needed to get ready. So I just went home. I did my makeup and then my aunt did my hair. Juston stayed at my house so we kind of got ready together. That was kinda fun.

His morning started off great. He had a puffy eye that wasn't going away, had to brush his teeth at the temple lol, and gave himself a WONDERFUL burn that instantly blistered on his foot. He spent the morning with my dad doctoring it up so it wouldn't bother him too bad throughout the day with his shoes on. Poor guy.

We finally left for the temple a little after 10:15, body bag and everything in hand. (my dress with the slip and everything in it looked like a stuffed body bag) and got to the temple only 2 minutes late. We had a little bit of a scare at the recommend desk because my mom's recommend wouldn't scan for some strange reason. but they let her in! Then we got all the paperwork situated and went to get ready. I had the best attendant ever! She helped so much and definitely made my experience there perfect. She said we were lucky because we had the bridal room all to ourselves, which wasn't the case right before me and probably wouldn't be after me. It was nice. After I got into my dress and all ready I said my goodbyes to my mom and was led up to a room where Juston was waiting for me. It was nice to have a little bit of time alone before, but we were both pretty jittery and the time seemed to last FOREVER up there! The sealer (who was the temple president) came in and introduced himself and made sure he knew how to say our names and explained a few things, then FINALLY it was time to go!

The sealing was absolutely perfect and wonderful. He gave us some great counsel that fit us perfectly. It was also amazing how many people were there for us. I loved it.

After the sealing and everything we headed back down to get ready to go outside. Good thing it wasn't too hot, because we came out of the temple about an hour after we had planned. Sorry everyone! Juston's mom and my mom were in the bridal room waiting for me after and helped me get all ready. I loved every minute of that.

Finally we were ready to go outside. We had trouble pinning Juston's flowers on, but we did it! And I got mine. (which were absolutely GORGEOUS!) We walked outside to what seemed like a paparazzi. There were so many people waiting for us with cameras and smiles and hugs and congratulations. Then started the hours and hours of picture taking. We took a few group pictures, then family pictures, then wedding party pictures, and then pictures of just us two! It was so fun! We had so much fun with everyone, and had such fun photographers. We were taking pictures until a little after 4, and were supposed to be back at the house at 4:30 for extended family pictures.

As we were driving away from the temple we get a call telling us we left our bags there. Somehow my temple bag and purse didn't make it back to anyones car and the temple security found it. Thank goodness they called when they did...I don't live close to the temple!

At this point we were exhausted and starving! We needed something to pick us up. We headed to the drive thru of taco bell! mmm mmm good. They probably got a good laugh at us. I barely fit in the car with my dress. We got a little bit of food, and extra large drinks! I got my favorite, cherry coke! and crazy kid only got root beer. I needed some caffeine to pick me up! I was actually surprised how much energy just a little food and caffeine gave me! I was ready to go for the reception and a million more pictures and shaking hands and fun!

After a few family pictures the reception was ready to start. We stood in line for a little over an hour. I was surprised how many people came, and how many of them I actually knew ;) Poor Juston barely knew anyone. After that it was time for our first dance. We felt a little awkward dancing with everyone watching, but it was fun. We laughed through the whole thing. Then it was time to do all the other dances. After a bit of hangin out we were ready to cut the cake! (our cake was AMAZING!) We both knew we were going to shove it in each others faces. I told him my only stipulation was that he couldn't get it on my dress. We successfully got it all over each other and up our noses.

After that there were a few more activities and dancing, and then it was time for the bouquet and garter toss! I think this was the best part of the whole night! We did the garter toss first. I sat on a chair that was next to a little table we put on the dance floor. Juston pulled out a shoe, spatula, and little baby hadley! haha it was SOOO funny. Finally he got the garter. Throwing it and the bouquet was funny. His roommate jumped in front of everyone for the garter, and I threw the flowers over all the girls heads. Oh well! Then we did a last dance and it was time to go.

We ran through a tunnel of people and out to the front yard. We had a finely decorated car (thanks siblings and your friends!) complete with bottles on the back.

And we were off to our next adventure!

Sorry for the super long post. I wanted to write down everything I could remember since this is my form of a journal!

No comments: