turqoise dots background

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The recent happenings of my life...

I have been so busy lately! I can't wait for the semester to be OVER! One more week, I can do this!!! I have become SO unmotivated to do anything at all, and I'm pretty sure my grades are going to reflect that. They won't be horrible, but definitely not the best. Anyway, I just thought I should update about the recent happenings in my life. I will try to go in chronological order...

1. We flew to Vegas on Friday. MUCH better than driving. I don't know why we ever drive.

2. I got to wear my dress Saturday. We took some AMAZING pictures. I can't wait to get them in a few days! But seeing Juston's face when he saw me in my dress the first time was probably the highlight of the weekend.

3. Not only did I wear my dress, I hiked Red Rock in it, and my 3 inch (ish) heels. Did not ruin my dress or break my ankle. Success!

4. Had an AMAZING bridal shower. I was half hour late (sorry guys!) cuz we were taking pictures for so long. It was just so much fun I didn't want to stop. But the bridal shower was so great. I got some really good stuff. Personal AND practical. I think that bridal shower was dirtier than many of the "friend" showers I've been to.

5. I got to see Darci's baby girl Hadley. She is adorable. Those pictures I posted do NOT do her justice. Darci has some better ones. Check out her blog.

6. We hung tons of lights in my backyard for the reception. I can't wait to see them all on at the same time.

7. Had a GREAT break from the stress of my apartment and Rexburg. Juston and I AND my other roommate that was gone for the weekend could feel the tension and everything as we walked back in the door. It was like a blanket was put over us. Crazy.

8. I decided I have the BEST mom in the whole world. I think she is more stressed and going more crazy than anyone here in Rexburg. But I never felt that from her EVER. She always made it seem like everything was totally fine and was just excited to see us. Thanks mom, we needed that very much.

9. Juston and I found a cute little apartment. We are on the waiting list for it right now. We find out in a week or two if we get it. If we do, it will be BRAND NEW! Yay. And it is in the same complex as some of our friends. And pretty close to where Juston's roommate and his fiance will be living. We are excited about that.

10. We got the first half of our temple recommends!! We met with our Bishop last night and got his signature. It was amazing! I'm excited to get my very first full-use temple recommend.

11. I got home last night and the power cord on my laptop is AGAIN not working. This happened to me at the end of last semester too. I don't know why. I just plug it in and leave it there. It's annoying. Luckily my computer is still under warranty. I just have to talk to Art to figure out how to get another new one.

That's it. Ok that's a lot. But still. Sorry I don't have pictures. I don't want to waste my computer battery loading pictures. So for now, SORRY.

But, last but not least. ITS APRIL. Know what that means??? I GET MARRIED THIS MONTH!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Lacy said...

I agree, you do have the best mom ever!

Shelby Lou said...

ok brighton... BREATHE! That was a lot for one post. haha I think you are a pretty lucky girl. ALL IN ALL

oh and I would have loved to have been there to see his face when he saw you in your dress. SO INTENSE.

I hope you get the apartment.

Technology is dumb. BOTTOM LINE.

GOOD LUCK WITH FINALS!!!!!!!

The Noorda Monkeys said...

Brighton--- Thanks for the mom post, It really made my day!! Week!! I am really glad you guys came. I love you both! And i am so proud of you! Mom