turqoise dots background

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Semester Break....Or Not

Yesterday, much to my dismay, I found out I will NOT be getting a break between semesters.  I am fortunate enough to be able to student teach next semester out in Saint Anthony.  However, they somehow miscalculated how long summer school lasted there.  We were originally told we would be student teaching April 18th to July 15th.  That would give us a week break between this semester and the start of student teaching and then I would get done about a week before graduation.  Awesome.  BUT, because they miscalculated that is no longer the case.  We have to start student teaching immediately after the semester ends and get done July 1st.  I am very glad we get done early, but am NOT excited about having to start immediately after this semester.  I am SO burned out from school right now.  We had planned to just stay home, get our apartment in order, and maybe take a little overnight trip to celebrate our anniversary.  I was hoping having that week would help me get mentally and somewhat physically (aka catch up on sleep) ready for the upcoming craziness of student teaching.

I just have to tell myself that I can do this. I am so grateful to be able to student teach here in the Spring, because it is really unheard of.  I am also extremely grateful that I will be DONE with school so we can move back to Vegas and be on to bigger and better things.  So I can sacrifice my sanity to be done a little earlier, right?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry friend. You are amazing thought so you will rock it! I really like Henry's Fork Elementary in st. Anthony. I think you will really like it. It is almost over!!!!! You can do it!!! Plus think of all the great things after graduation that are going to happen in your life! :)