turqoise dots background
Monday, June 6, 2011
Apparently I'm Stressed
Today has been quite the day (and will continue to be). The normal school year (at my student teaching school) ended on Friday. Then we had a training from 12-6 pm about the math program we will be using. At that point we had no idea what students we would have, how many, what we would be teaching, or what the schedule would be. So today was the day we got to find all of that out....oh yeah, the day before summer school starts. We had training in the morning, lunch, and then time to plan. I really didn't know what I was doing because I haven't ever experienced the first day of school as a teacher. It didn't help that my teacher was nowhere to be found for the first few hours of planning. I finally got a few things organized and feel like I will be somewhat prepared for tomorrow. I still have TONS to get ready at home, but can do it. Anyway, as I was driving home I was thinking about all the stuff I need to do tonight for school, plus getting up super early tomorrow, and still making dinner (I'm pretty sure we will be eating cereal). I called Juston and told him about it all for a few minutes. After I hung up I just kept thinking and driving. Well, somehow I got a little too absorbed in my thinking. I got to a section on the road that has a bunch of road construction. I started to get super annoyed that they had added more road construction to my commute. But then I saw the signs for the Bear World turn off....which ps, is like 10 minutes past Rexburg. I got SUPER confused as to why I was seeing those signs so early. Then it hit me, I had COMPLETELY missed Rexburg. I seriously don't even remember passing it at all. I ended up having to drive all the way to Rigby (about 20 minutes past Rexburg) to be able to turn around and come home. So basically my 20 minute drive turned into an hour drive. Awesome. I think I need to hurry and get my stuff done and just go to bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment