turqoise dots background

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July

Fourth of July was so much fun this year!  For some reason I was extremely excited about the day and woke up early wishing it was already time to go.  The night before I looked up the times for the parade.  Whatever site I looked on said that it was at 9 am.  So we decided to go around 8:30 to find parking and a spot to sit.  When we pulled up we were really confused at how easy it was to find a parking spot (a really close parking spot at that).  So we got out and walked down to main street only to find it practically empty.  There were chairs and things set up for people who were going to come, but nobody was there yet.  Well, come to find out, the parade actually started at 10.  So we were there an hour and a half early! Oops.  Well, being so early we got front row seats.  I was pretty excited about that!  There was also a group handing out breakfast so we filled up on that.  (Ok, so I don't know if it was supposed to be free or not.  Nobody ever asked us to pay, but later there was someone announcing that it was $5....SO, we may have accidentally stolen breakfast)




Once the parade started I knew there would be a lot of kids running in front of us.  They throw out candy and stuff so of course it would happen.  What I didn't count on was all the college kids running out and standing in front of us the whole time.  There was just one guy at first but then it turned into like ten.  I thought it was really annoying and rude.  They were running to get all of the candy before the kids could and blocking the view for everyone sitting behind them.  After a while of it we just got sick of it and left.  I was pretty bummed because I had been really excited for the parade.  Although, what we did see wasn't quite as great as last year anyway.  So oh well I guess.


After the parade we had a few hours to kill.  Juston played on the ipad while I played with his camera settings.  I got bored of it so we decided to go visit our upstairs neighbors.  They told me about the awesomeness that is Bountiful Baskets so we went downstairs to order.  I am really excited to see what we get this week. (for anyone that doesn't know what that is...you order a basket and each week they have different produce in it.  They try to do 50/50 fruits/veggies.  You don't know what produce it will be until  you get it though.  I'm excited because it was only 15 bucks.  We go through a LOT of produce around here and spend much more than that every week)


Later that day our neighbors put on a BBQ for anyone who was still in town.  They provided the meat and the hamburger toppings and everyone else brought a side or dessert to share.  It turned out amazing.  There were way more people there than I expected.  But the food, YUM.  The hamburgers were so good and the sides that everyone brought were also pretty dang good.





The hamburgers....HUGE! And so good!


After the BBQ we went with McKay and Ali to Rigby Lake.  We found a little spot on the grass to hang out on right by the sand.  We all tried to lay out at first, but it was way too hot.  We all got in the water and played around for a little while.  Then we went back and layed out after being nice and cold.  I got the most ridiculous sunburn I have ever seen.  It isn't ridiculous because it is super bad or anything (only my shoulders really hurt), but because of the lines and patterns! My arms are super blotchy looking and I have random white spots that didn't get sun at all.  It isn't as bad anymore, but I wish I had taken a picture.  It was crazy looking.

The boys playing in the water


McKay and Ali



Our pregnant bellies.  She is also pregnant with a boy.  But, she is due in 3 weeks.  Please take not that our bellies are the same size and I am only a little over half way.  Oh my.

The boys and their pregnant bellies haha

After the lake we all went home and showered real quick.  We then headed down to Idaho Falls.  We went to Jason and Jan's apartment (in the basement of a hotel!) for dinner.  Jason made the most best food ever! We had some pork and steak stuff for the appetizer.  Then we had some mini burgers on bagels with fruit salad for dinner.  It was so good.  He mixed the hamburger with sausage and it was so tasty!  As we were eating I somehow managed to spill all of the fruit juice from my plate on myself and the floor.  Fabulous.

After dinner we headed out to find somewhere to watch the fireworks.  We decided to just set up in a random spot and move to the sidewalk right before they started.  It worked out perfectly!  While we waited we played some card games and just hung out.  Jason and Jan ended up going back to the hotel to get us all a bunch of drinks.  We thought they would come back with a few water bottles.  Nope! They came back with a big bucket full of all kinds of soda and juice and water.


You can kind of see my crazy sunburn in this picture.  But it really doesn't do it justice.  This morning it looked the best/craziest.

Jason and Jan

McKay and Ali


All of the boys on the sidewalk.  They originally sat on the ground to give the girls the chairs.  But we all ended up moving around to be close to our husbands during the fireworks.

After the fireworks we walked back to their apartment.  They made us some awesome milkshakes before we headed home.  Apparently it took us an hour to get home (which it should take about half hour), but I wouldn't know because I slept almost the whole way!

We had a great day with great company! I loved spending so much time with good friends.  I am so grateful to live in this country where we have so many freedoms.  I am also so grateful for the men who have, and are, fighting for that freedom.  I hope everyone had a fabulous Independence Day!

No comments: