turqoise dots background

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Weekend

This weekend was so much fun! It really started on Thursday for me.  Since I officially finished college that day we decided we should do something to celebrate.  That night we met up with Jason, Jan, McKay and Ali at Buffalo Wild Wings.  It was SO yummy and we ate way too much.  After that we drove over to the mall to look for a dress for graduation.  We scored a cute purple dress on sale at Motherhood! It is so light and flowy (so hopefully it won't be too hot) and just cute.  I am excited to wear it!

The next day was my first day of being home all day.  I thought I would sleep in, but was awake at the same time as always. Unfortunately I also had a lovely cold so I couldn't really sleep anyway.  Juston and I started our new daily lunch date.  I made lunch and took it up there to eat in the shade with him. It is my new favorite time of the day.  That night when he got home we hung out with Casslend and Tyson.  It was a fun and somewhat relaxing night.


Saturday Juston needed to study for the GRE all day (he takes it this Friday, pray he does well!).  So he went up to the school for a good portion of the day.  I attempted to lay in the sun for a while but only lasted about 5 minutes before I was too hot.  So when he got home we decided to head to the evening time at the new water park.  We ended up going with our next-door neighbors Kevin and Emily.  We ended up having to wait for a half hour to get in because I thought it opened at 5:30...not 6:30. Oh well, we got great chairs for when we didn't want to be in the water!  The water park was good, but different than we expected.  Everything was just small.  The lazy river was nice, but it was too narrow and we didn't love that it had spray things you couldn't avoid.  The water slide that was open was pretty fun as well.  But the lap pool part was much too small.  It was probably only four lanes wide and not super long.  Needless to say, it was very crowded in there.  The kiddie area looked great for the kids though.  We had fun though and it was nice to cool off and be in water for a little while.

When we came home neither of us wanted to make dinner.  So what did we do? We scrounged the apartment for change and went to Little Caesars!! Haha.  Yes, we paid for our dinner with mostly dimes and nickels.  Luckily the guy at the counter laughed.  When we got home we were going to watch a movie but decided to make a dessert instead.  We had some peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, and marshmallows and wanted to use them.  So we looked up a recipe online for some cookies and tweaked it to fit our ingredients.  Oh my, they were YUMMY.  They are a chocolate cake type cookie with the chips in them.  Then during their last few minutes of cooking we took them out, put the marshmallows on top and finished cooking them. MMM.  I think I'm going to go eat one right now.


Sunday was a fairly normal day for us.  Juston slept in and then we went to church.  After we had Mckay and Ali over for dinner and a movie.  It was a great way to spend Sunday that's for sure!  We are going to miss them when we all move.

No comments: