Juston's mom hadn't been able to meet Jackson yet. We knew she was really sad about this so we surprised her with a trip down to Vegas. We decided one day, booked the flight the next day, and she was here a week later. We luckily found a really good deal on flights and were able to split the ticket with his dad. It was a great surprise - and an early birthday gift from all of us.
We told her over Skype. It was really funny because I printed out a sign that said "Pack your bags!! You are coming to meet me November 5th to the 8th. I can't wait to meet you!" When we were Skyping we told her Jackson had something to tell her and we held up him and the sign. As luck would have it Skype froze right at that second! GR! Haha. She was really confused at first, but once she understood she was really excited. We were able to get a few screen shots of her reaction. I think the second picture is hilarious. She really was so excited. :)
While she was here we really didn't do much - per her request. I don't think she put him down for more than 5 seconds at a time. Really the only time she wasn't holding him was when I had to feed him. Juston also had her make her famous rolls and cookies. MMM. They were so yummy!
We had a lot of fun with her here. I know we were all sad for her to go. Luckily she gets to come back (with Grandpa Pace this time!) for Thanksgiving.


1 comment:
love the pics of Grandma! How did you ever get her to let go??
Post a Comment