turqoise dots background

Monday, November 14, 2011

One Month

Holy cow, do I already have a baby over a month old!? I can't believe how fast time seems to be going.  He is so much fun and I really can't get enough of him.  It is so hard for me to put him down during the day.  Just ask my mom - she always complains that I hog him all day. ;)

Jackson is learning to hold his head up - he is pretty good at it already.
He loves bath/shower time.  That usually calms him right down.
He doesn't love getting his clothes changed - but is usually good for his diaper changes.
He would rather be held straight up and down than cradled.
He likes to face out and look around.
He loves his swing (thank goodness!)
He is getting better at nursing (I think we almost have it down though).
He is becoming much more aware.  He stays awake a little more throughout the day now.
He is sleeping better.  He usually goes at least four hours between feeds - but has been known to make it six.  Those are blissful nights for sure.
He is growing like a weed.  We officially put his newborn clothes away this weekend :(  I now understand why people say it goes so fast...it really does!

We also went to the doctor today for his checkup.  Everything is looking good.  His growth is right on track.  They didn't tell me the percentiles.  I want to look them up because I think they are interesting facts.
Here are his stats:
Weight: 10 lbs 8 oz
Length: 21 1/4 inches



We are going to take pictures in a laundry basket every month.  I wish I would have remembered to take one when we did newborn pictures.  I took the basket, but totally forgot to take the picture! Oh well.

No comments: