turqoise dots background

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

4 Month Doctor Visit

Today was Jackson's 4 month well-child and shots appointment.  I wasn't exactly looking forward to it because of the shots. At the same time I was really excited because I was hoping the doctor would tell me I could have milk products again.  At two months Jackson was throwing up and had green mucusy poop and the doctor decided it was probably a milk allergy.  I went off milk for like a week and a half before I gave up.  Well, after like 3 weeks of being back on milk he started to get weird poop again.  I finally decided I should try going dairy free again until his appointment to see what happened.  At his appointment today he took a sample of his poop and tested it for blood.  Thank goodness there wasn't any - because that means I can eat dairy again! Wahoo! He did say his poop was gross and made it seem like it looked a little unusual, but whatever. If I am a crazy first time mom that is over concerned about her kid's poop - whatever. I'm just excited to be able to eat dairy again.  Let's just say, I had 3 ice cream bars as soon as we got home. Haha.

Also at the appointment he was weighed and measured.  He is 25.5 inches long and weighs 14 lbs 2 oz.  This puts him in the 50th percentile for weight and the 75th percentile for height. That would explain why any one piece outfit or pajamas is way too short on him and all everything seems wide on him.

I also learned that Jackson is a tough little man. :) He got three shots and hardly cried at all. I didn't even know she had done the first shot because he just kind of whined.  By the third shot he was crying - but hardly - and it only lasted for about 30 seconds. By the time I set him back down to get dressed again he was happy and talking like usual. Funny kid.

No comments: