turqoise dots background

Sunday, February 5, 2012

4 months



Seriously is he already 4 months!? The time definitely flies a lot faster with him being born than while I was pregnant.  He is so fun. I am really loving this stage he is at.  He is much more predictable and interactive, but is still like a newborn.  We love that we can play with him more and that he can respond to us.  I love this little boy so much.  The doctor asked me once what the most surprising thing was about being a mom.  I didn't know what to say at the time.  But after I left I really thought about that question.  There have been a lot of surprising things, but what was the MOST surprising? Well, the two I have settled on are one - how fast he really does grow. Four months ago we were in the hospital with this tiny little baby that we didn't really know what to do with. Now we have this baby that laughs, screams (happily), and coos. It is so fun.  But the other thing is how much I really do love him.  I mean, I always knew I would love him, but it is just surprising the intensity of love I feel for him.  So baby boy - I love you! I am so glad you came to our family!

So what has Jackson been up to this month? (well, these last two months since I forgot to post when he was 3 months...)
- he is CONSTANTLY sucking on his fingers.  Seriously, they are always in his mouth
- he laughs. One of our favorite things to do is make him giggle. His dad is definitely the best at it though
- he rolls over (sometimes) from stomach to back.  The first day he figured out how to roll he would do it every time we laid him on his stomach.  Now he only does it sometimes. So we'll see if he starts to do it more again soon
- he is sleeping pretty well.  He goes to bed between 9 and 10 (usually) and sleeps until 4-7 ish.  I know that is a big window, but it depends on when he ate last and when he went to sleep.  I can usually predict about when he'll wake up within that window though.  But after he wakes up and eats he'll usually go back to sleep within an hour of eating and sleep for another 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours.
- he definitely knows who his dad is.  When Juston gets home from work he gets so excited when he sees him or hears his voice. I love it!
- he is having a harder time sleeping if it isn't in his bed. I am not loving this.
- he has found his voice.  He screams like a little pterodactyl when he's happy (or when we are at the movies during all of the quiet scenes). He also loves to talk and coo all the time
- we are seeing if he has an allergy to milk. Not my favorite.  We go to the doctor on Wednesday so we'll see what he says.
- he is starting to play with toys.  He plays with the buttons on his exersaucer that make music.  He also makes faces at the little dog on it.  That makes me laugh every time he does it.
- speaking of his exersaucer - he likes to play in it and in his little jumper. He loves to stand and jump.  He also likes the bumbo a lot more. But his favorite place to lay continues to be his little bouncy chair.  It will be a sad day when he grows out of it.  
- he has ridden in the stroller like a big boy a few times now.  I haven't decided which I like better. I like that it is less bulky. He likes being able to see more and that he isn't stuck in his carseat for as long.  However, I don't like buckling and unbuckling him from his carseat a million times (unless we don't have the base....then it just sucks all around).
- he doesn't like to cuddle unless he is going to sleep, and even then it's questionable. When he gets tired and wants to go to sleep he will bury his head into my armpit.

This little boy is so fun! I can't believe how big he is getting. Life is so fun with him and I am excited to see all of the changes that come this month!
(oh, and I'll post his weight and height updates when after we go to the doctor on Wednesday!)

No comments: