Yesterday was such a good day! It was one of those days that I would be happy if it just repeated over and over again.
Juston and I got to sleep in a little (and by sleep in I mean we woke up at 8). Then we got up and we made heart shaped eyeballs for breakfast. Then Juston got ready and left for work. It was really nice to just be up and eat breakfast together and just have that little bit of time before our day started.
Most of the day consisted of getting things ready for dinner that night. I thought I'd get stressed out trying to get too much done and making a bigger deal out of it than I should. That wasn't really the case though. I had so much fun doing everything. I made a centerpiece out of mason jars, doilies, stamps, and yarn. I enjoyed doing a fun craft. I set the table and got it all ready for dinner. I made the jello for jello jigglers. Showered both Jackson and myself. Helped clean up the kitchen. Washed some dishes. I was pretty productive to say the least. Thankfully, Jackson took an awesome nap during the day that made it possible. Usually he takes a few short naps, but yesterday he decided to take one really long nap. It was heaven to say the least.
Darci and her girls came over around 5 to just hang out before dinner. It was nice having them here to just play. For dinner we made tortellini with a pink sauce, heart shaped garlic bread, caesar salad, and red heart jello jigglers. Plus we had "love potion" to drink. Darci also made a red and white checker board cake. Too bad it kind of got smashed on the way over. Oh well, it still tasted good!
We ate dinner by candle light. It was fun. I just enjoyed having everyone here and having fun together. My mom made us Valentines that said "you rock my world" with pop rocks attached. When we were all done eating we had the pop rocks. I love that no matter how old you are pop rocks are always fun.
Oh - before we had dinner Juston and I exchanged our gifts. We were planning to do it after dinner but he was too excited. Ha. He got me a really beautiful bouquet of flowers and a basket of goodies - a smoothie mix, an individual ice cream, gum, swedish fish, a reeces, and a card. I just love when he explains why he picks some of the things he gets. He always gets me swedish fish for gifts and he got the ice cream because my cookies and cream ice cream wasn't very good (when I was eliminating dairy). Cute boy :)
It really was such a great day. Simple, family, and food. What more could we want?!
| I think he is going to start rolling from back to front pretty soon. He leans up on his side quite a bit now. |
![]() |
| Almost everyone at dinner. This picture is missing Darci, Devin, and Dakota. This is also the centerpiece all lit up. |
![]() |
| My flowers and my mom's flowers |
![]() |
| All of the food. Mmm mmm. |
![]() |
| The table setting. |






1 comment:
brighton! the picture comment, about the bumps on your head! hahahahahaha! i am just laying here in my bed laughing so hard! so funny! love ya!
Post a Comment