turqoise dots background

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Our Random Beach Trip

Last weekend my siblings had a four day weekend.  It was President's day and then on Tuesday they had staff development day.  We were supposed to go to Bryce Canyon for the weekend but that didn't end up working out.  My parents didn't want everyone sitting around playing video games and such all weekend though.  They went to a ghost town on Monday and came home and cooked dutch oven (it was SO yummy)!  That night my mom suggested we load up and go to the beach the next day.  Um, yes, I was totally down for that!  We didn't decide until about 11 pm so I didn't pack as well as I could have. I had no wallet and lots of extra clothes for Jackson.  I feel like there were some other things I forgot or brought extras of, but I don't remember.  Anyway, it was awesome!

We left at 6 am and picked up Dakota's friend Breanna and Tevin's friend Jacob.  So it was me, my mom, Jackson, Tevin, Jacob, Dakota, Breanna, and Slate that went.  We stopped for breakfast at Jack in the Box along the way.  Side note - Jackson had a HUGE blowout that I found at Jack in the Box.  Jack in the Box is dumb and doesn't have a changing station thing in their bathrooms so I had to change him on the floor. It was great. I had to put all of his poopy clothes in a take-out bag. Also awesome.  We also stopped at a 99 cent store to get treats and toys.  Needless to say, the stop was a little longer than we had planned.

We got to the beach around noon and headed straight to the sand.  We all just lounged around, some got in the water, looked for stuff in the rocks, blew bubbles for random little girls, played baseball, had a photo shoot, etc.  Basically just had LOTS of fun! Lindsey also came for a quick visit.  It was so good to see her and her cute little girl.

But before we left we HAD to get donuts and croissants from the donut shop! Duh.  MMMM. They are so good. I can't wait to go back.  Jamen, my dad, and a few others were very jealous.  Lucky for Juston and my dad we brought them some home. MMMM. Now that I'm writing about them I'm craving them.

It was a great day. I'm so glad I could go. And that I have an awesome mom and dad that make fun things like that possible! THANKS AGAIN!!!

Jackson's first time on the beach.  He liked to stand on the sand, but NOT lay on it.  I think that was more because of the sun in his face though.


We brought the pack n play so he could take naps (I was not about to risk him not taking any....since he had two major melt downs the day before from not taking good naps). But we filled it with everything else so there was only a little tiny corner for him to lay in. Ha. And I didn't bring a good warm blanket so I put a towel over him. Ha.

Dakota and Breanna's photo shoot

More of their craziness

Jackson on the beach!

1 comment:

brightonislove said...

im so happy that i got to go to work and stay inside all day, oh and chemistry was definately the cherry on top for that day you guys were at the beach! so jealous!!