turqoise dots background

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Girls Camp

Right after we moved into the house I was able to go to Girls Camp with our stake as one of the craft ladies.  I will admit, I was a little stressed out going.  We had a lot going on (we were in the middle of getting moved in, the preschool set up, etc).  It was hard to take a week off and go to camp.  I am so glad I did.  It was so nice to get away and just enjoy the simple things in life.  There wasn't cell phone service so I didn't ever get on the internet or text or anything else I waste time doing on my phone.  I loved it.  I spent time talking with my mom and the other leaders and just enjoying the beautiful mountains.  I think I really needed that break from life.  I did miss my boys a ton while I was gone.  It was the first time I had ever left Jackson.  That was hard.  I think it made me a better wife and mom when I got back though.  I am so glad I was able to go.

Dakota taught about sanitation - this was her handout

One of the crafts was 1st year necklaces.  They had to paint the beads and one girl decided it was easier/faster to do it like this instead of with a paint brush

The awesome cake to celebrate 100 years of Girls Camp

An awesome picture of my mom :)

Everyone at the craft/service day

The craft we made.  They turned out really cute.

No comments: