turqoise dots background

Monday, October 20, 2008

la la la la la

This weekend was such a music weekend! And it was SOOO much fun! On Friday some of my roommates and I went down to Pocatello to see the Secondhand Serenade concert. It was AWESOME! It was at Idaho State University, so it was a pretty small concert. We got pretty close to the front which we loved! The guitarist was the first opener, and he has such a good voice and was just so good! The second band played way too long and lost our interest pretty quickly, so by the time Secondhand came on we were SOO ready to hear them. They played for about an hour, then came out and played an encore and just got the crowd really pumped. It was great! Afterwards we had decided that we wanted to try to get backstage...but we really wanted shirts and we were SOOO hot and thirsty. We went and bought shirts and got drinks and what not, and then remembered their bus was right out front! So we decided to be groupies and go wait for them to come out! It paid off! We got to meet, take pictures, talk, and get autographs from two of them!!! Oh man. Such a fun night!


Saturday was also a music night! We went to Guitars Unplugged. Its a show put on at school...the Saturday show is the acts from Thursday and Friday who were voted the best. All the performances were really great! I think my favorite, mostly because it was so funny, was the one Kell was in. (Kell is my friend Mike's roommate) He plays the accordion and the other guy (sorry I don't remember his name) played the guitar. They talked about pick up lines that work and that don't work. It was way funny.

After the show a few of us tried to go to Sonic, but they were out of Dr. Pepper and cream slushes...so we went across the street to Dairy Queen. We decided we were lame just hangin out at Dairy Queen and needed to do something fun....so we decided to go shooting! It was supposed to be 4 girls and 2 guys, but it ended up only being 2 of us girls and the 2 guys. It was so fun! I don't know why I was SOOO scared! But it was fun! Sorry I forgot to load the pictures....but I look like such a girl haha.





Tonight was also fun! We had Mike and Kell and a few other people over for dinner. We realized we didnt make enough so we had to hurry and cook more. But it was ok. Everyone got fed and full! Then we just hung out and laughed for a while. Then I went with Mike to feed a spider I caught in my roommates bed to his praying mantis. It never ate it and he had to go somewhere. It was lame! But thats ok. Maybe I'll get to see it eat something else. I saw it eat a fly last weekend. It was kinda gross, but I still think its cool!


We are also the refugee apartment. Its great :) We have one girl staying with us that goes to Provo. We say she is our 7th roommate. Shes so cute! And another girl is staying here tonight cuz her roommates were super big jerks to her. It was fun to chat with them for a while and just hang out. I am really loving having such good girlfriends and being in such a great apartment! I absolutely love it!!!
But, tomorrow I am probably going to die. I have tons to do. Oh well. :) Put a smile on and get through it!

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

OH MY GOSH NO WAY! I LOVE SECONDHAND SERENADE!!!!!
who doesnt tho! haha. awww it looks like u had SO MUCH FUN!
miss u!
=]

The Noorda Monkeys said...

did you even sleep? geese!!! love ya!!

Britni said...

hmmm thats funny lol they were in Vegas on Sat for BITE.

Pamela Williams said...

no fair. im jealous. i love them...but not as much as dashboard. chris carrabba is hot! :D