I'd have to say....this was the BEST New Years EVER!!!
I woke up early, (which was difficult because I hadn't seen the sun before oh I'd say probably before 11:30 at the EARLIEST for like a week at LEAST before this...) and went to get my hair all trimmed up nice! (thanks GayLynn!)
Then I headed off to the unknown. Thank you GPS! lol. Headed northeast to Boise, Idaho.
I was making dang good time apparently. Minus the fact that I think I stopped at least once every hour to pee. I think my bladder knows when I don't want to stop to go....anyway....I was making good time UNTIL....Juston started freaking out about calling my dad to ask his permission to marry me. I slowed WAYYYYY down because there was no way in crap I was showing up while they were on the phone!
Yes, I knew when he called my dad. HOWEVER, he told me it was just so whenever he finally saved up enough to buy a ring and could propose, he could just do it and the hardest part would be out of the way.
ANYWAY. When I got there I met his parents, and they are awesome! Then we went downstairs to where I would be staying, unloaded my stuff, and exchanged Christmas gifts. Juston did AMAZING. He got this frame and put pictures of us, and next to the big one (which is one of my favorite pictures of us) he put a good quote next to it. That by itself is great. He also knows me all too well, and got me LOTS and LOTS of fun socks. I've been REALLY wanting new ones, because the ones I have are getting worn out. Anyway. I THOUGHT that was all of it, but he made me take out and look at every pair of socks. At the bottom of the box, was the "Reflections of Christ" book, which I have been wanting SOOOO bad! I don't think he could have done any better in the gift department. Okay so my gift to him was really funny, but totally fits our relationship ok people! I got him some sweet footie pajamas. They are a tad small, but whatever. haha. After we exchanged gifts he told me there was another part to my gift, (ok seriously boy! how much did you get me?!) but it wasn't done yet. I assumed he had made something else and he wasn't finished working on it. I told him not to worry and give it to me whenever, I wasn't in any rush.
After that he showed me around Boise. It was really funny because he was trying so hard to think of every interesting fact about it, and trying to make it sound like the best place ever to live. (I convinced him while he was in Vegas that it was the best place ever to live, and he knew his chances of doing the same to me were slim to none hehe) It was cute. We did see some SWEET Christmas lights though. I have never seen so many lights in one yard in my life. It was CRAZY!!!
After going to a few places, we went to a few houses to meet some people from his ward, and some of his friends. He knows LOTS of people!
At about 11 or so we went to this old train depot to "watch the fireworks at midnight" It was a cool little spot, a garden type place with ponds and stuff that overlooked the city. It was a great. We walked around for a bit, and then just sat and talked until it got closer to midnight. At midnight we told each other happy new year, and gave each other a little kiss. Then he said, "so remember that Christmas gift I told you you'd get later?" and I was like, "um, yes..." then he stands up, pulls something out of his pocket, gets down on one knee and said, "Brighton, will you marry me?"
AHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I said yes SO fast, didnt even look at the ring, and jumped into his arms and gave him a big hug and a kiss. I was so excited! He laughed and after a second he goes, "so, do you even want to see it?!" haha.
It was amazing! I'm so excited! We called my family to tell them the news...which was really funny. We told them to put it on speaker phone, and as soon as we said "WE'RE ENGAGED" the phone died and they didnt hear it. We were waiting for congrats, excitement, SOMETHING...but all we got was silence. We were like, uhhhh......haha. But they got another phone and we told everyone individually what happened. It was great!
My parents told Jamen to call me, but I had left my phone in the car, so I had a million missed calls, a few texts, and a voicemail of him freaking out wondering what had happened. Luckily HE was excited....I can't say the same about another older sibling that I won't mention names here ;) haha love you!
But I am SOOOOOOO excited!
I'M ENGAGED!!!!!!
We are getting married April 18th, 2009 in Las Vegas!!! We can't wait!!!!





13 comments:
Oh man i love that story! And your ring is so modern and beautiful! You guys are soooo soooo cute:]
oh my lil kid is growing up so fast.... i love you.
CONGRATS!!!!!! I'm very excited for you!!!
David and i LOVE your ring! looks good!
now i the only sister not married... :( but i can wait its ok...
but whoo hoo for you!!!!
OMG!!! i'm sitting here balling like you are my very own little princess, i can't believe it but at the same time i can, you are soooo beautiful and so amazing and will be a wonderful wife and mother, i hope he knows how lucky he is to have someone so special as a wife. girl i love you and am sooo happy for you, and proud :)a happy new year to both of you and i will see you in april, thats right, i wouldn't miss it for the world :)
Whatever, I am too happy for you:) Did you forget that I was ASLEEP??? you just wait until you have kids...you'll be celebrating with New York too.
Anyway, Congrats! Love the ring!
Wow yay that's so exciting! Congrats welcome to the married life soon! So fun! Good luck with the wedding planning
aww that is a great story brighton!your ring is SO BEAUTIFUL TOO!!
OMG brighton, i was like "that was fast!" but when you know you know, you know?
the ring is darling, and so are you two together. when emily told me i wanted to cry. its super exciting and im way happy for you
i love your enthusiasm, youre a great blogger. and i really enjoyed the story. kudos to juston
Okay, I read this on Darci's blog, and I totally thought she was kidding. But I'm so excited for you! Good job, the ring is gorge and the fiance isn't too bad, either!
Man.. I wish I could have been there for that good news minute! But congrats! That's soooo exciting!
congrats! that is so exciting :)
ps- i finally put up some of leannes bridals... just for you b-ton :)
Post a Comment