turqoise dots background

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Whew....its over!

Honestly, I'm glad last weekend is over. It was nice to be home and in warm weather and with my family, but BOY was it stressful! We had something like every minute of the day and night. We drove down late on Thursday night (poor Juston....I slept a good portion of the way) and then we woke up EARLY on Friday to go get our marriage license. Luckily that took all of 10 min, if that. But after that me, my sisters, my mom, and maddie all headed up to St George to go dress shopping! That was so fun! Although, if any of you ever decide to go there to dress shop, or know of anyone going there, DO NOT GO TO BOULEVARD BRIDAL. They are horrible! They have SOOOO MANY rules about what you can and cant do, who can watch you try on dresses, and they are MEAN! Just horrible customer service. Just go to Bridal Elegance. They are AMAZING there. They were SOOOO nice when we walked in the door, and my sales lady was the best! She made it so fun! And I DID find a dress :) If anyone knows what brand they sell there besides Beautifully Modest I'd LOVE to know....I want to find a pic of my dress online.

Anyway. We also got a few decorations and things for the wedding up there. Then on Saturday We took our engagements. They turned out great. I would post some pics but I gave the CD back so they could be edited. That night we also found bridesmaid dresses. I think once they are altered and have the colors and stuff on them they will be so cute! We also go to go to Brakell and Wills wedding with Lindsey and B-radley. That was fun. It was a nice wedding. Sadly, we don't have any pictures of that because of an unfortunate accident with Lindseys camera....

Sunday we had church at 9 am. Thats a killer. Then we hung out, had dinner....and then talked to my neighbor about the flowers. We found the SWEETEST roses EVER. Hopefully we can get them in a smaller quantity than what they sell them. They will be bomb.com let me just tell you! Then we went to the Mickelsons so Lacy could approve of Juston ;) haha. Of course she approved! We stayed there probably later than we should have....she was tired. But oh well. I miss that family tons!

Monday....we thought it would be easier than it was....silly us. We had to talk to Sarah about our cake (which will also be bomb.com) and then to Sis Truman about the bridesmaid dresses. And then we had to go to costco to pick up our pictures and pick out our favorite 25. Then we had to go take them back to Jennie with our selections so she could get them all edited up :) THEN we finally got to head back to Rexburg....at like 2 or 3 in the afternoon. We took turns sleeping. Juston got sick this weekend....which sucks. He drove for the first few hours to Cedar while I slept, then I drove to Provo. Then we stopped to meet his friends for dinner, and realized it was RIGHT across the street from my uncles house, so we stopped to say hi for 5 min. Then we ate dinner and headed back on the road. Juston drove (hes the best) and I stayed up until the last hour-hour and a half...and FINALLY we got back at 2 am.

Just in time for 8am classes. WOO HOO. Haha. Now we are playing a little bit of catch-up with our school work. We didn't really get BEHIND....but we missed lessons and a few little things. But we are makin it. This weekend we are headed to Boise, but luckily not missing school this time. We are going to pick out his suit and the guys shirts and ties. Hopefully this weekend we can have SOME relaxation time. I NEED IT!

Sorry for the lack of pictures.....I've sucked at taking them lately!

1 comment:

Pamela Williams said...

you shouldve told me you went to get your marriage license! i work at the courthouse and i wouldve loved to take pictures of the exciting event! but im glad the hectic weekend is over for you

im so proud of you two and the active role youre playing in preparing this next chapter of your lives. its super important for both to work together to make these things happen. trust me, i know