turqoise dots background

Friday, February 20, 2009

Thinking...

I know I should be in bed, but I've just been doing a lot of thinking. (no mom, it did not hurt) But, since this is my form of a journal right now, I want to write down some of my thoughts and feelings. Some of them are very personal, so I am not going to go into detail. I just wanna say what I've learned the last little while.

The last little while I have been studying the Atonement and Forgiveness. I have had a few experiences that have helped me to really, sincerely, realize their power. I have learned that the Atonement really is here to help us. Not just me, but everyone. I should not ever take from someone that gift, or what they have been blessed with because they have used that power in their life. But, at the same time, this has taught me how to truly forgive. It's sometimes difficult to forgive something that has hurt you in an abstract way, but it is not only possible, but necessary.

I have also started to learn some of the things that REALLY matter, in relationships, in life, etc. I have also re-learned (because I really already knew this, I just had to be re-taught) that if we are constantly doing what we should be, we will be blessed. Somehow, everything will work out. You may not always know how, but it will. The Lord will ALWAYS bless you. There will be trials, but never anything you can't get through.

I have learned how strong of an emotion love really is. Love is really all that matters in the end.

Lastly, I have really come to know my Savior's love for me. He really does know what I am feeling and going through. He knows how to help me. He knows the desires of my heart. Although some things may be trying, he knows what is best for me. He knows what I need to go through to become the best person I can be. I don't really understand exactly how He knows EVERYTHING, all of my deep down feelings that I haven't really shared with anyone, but He DOES. He knows everything about me, and loves every bit of me.

I really truly love being a member of this church. I don't know how I would get through some things any other way.

Sorry this sorta turned into a little testimony. I really need to start my own private blog. One, so you don't have to hear all of this vague confusion, and two, so I can be more specific and totally write down EVERYTHING...maybe tomorrow.

2 comments:

Pamela Williams said...

i really enjoyed what was said though...i recommend a spiritual blog, ive got one too :D

Nicowhit said...

I thought that was wonderful and it is great that you have learned some things at a very young age that it take forever for some people to learn. You are a wonderful woman.