This weekend was one of the best in a long time. My roommate Jaclyn got married on Saturday in Salt Lake. Juston and I weren't going to go down for it because we really couldn't afford it, but my other roommates are the best! They told us that since they were going down anyway we could hitch a ride with them. Aren't they so nice?! We stayed with Ruth's aunt and uncle on Friday night. They are super fun, her aunt can TALK! Juston and I stayed up until like one or two talking to her. But then we woke up early to get ready and go to Jaclyn and Brian's wedding. Holy cow, I am SOOO glad I am not getting married in the Salt Lake temple. There were SOOO many people there! It was CRAZY! But I did see some people from Vegas, which was crazy! But when they came out, HOLY COW!!! Jaclyn looked SOOOOOO beautiful!!!! I couldn't even believe it! Ok, yes I could, she is just a gorgeous girl...but DANG! Her wedding was very her, which I think is what a wedding should be. It was very simple, and very classy. She had a small luncheon after the ceremony, with SUPER good food! It was the best!!!
Juston and I were so glad that we were able to go, because it made us even more excited for our day. It was so fun to be there with them when they came out of the temple, and to see the joy on their faces. We knew we were going to be that way in just a few months, and couldn't wait.
After everything was over, we went to my uncle Danny's house for a little bit while we waited for my grandpa to get home. We exchanged gifts about 10 seconds after we walked in the door because I just couldn't handle waiting any longer! I have to admit, I enjoyed the fact that we are poor and couldn't afford to buy each other gifts. We both made very simple, but very heartfelt gifts that cost nothing. (which now that I'm thinking about it....I think I left mine at my uncles.... :( dangit) But this Valentine's day was probably the best one I've ever had. We got even more excited to get married, and then we just spent time together. We just talked and watched Lost. I think we had some of the best, most open talks that night.
The rest of the weekend was about the same....awesome. We went to church with my grandpa on Sunday morning. (Which...just for the record, we were early by HIS standards....which means we were BOTH ready, with our coats ON, by 10:25, church starts at 11, and he is always there by 10:40. He was impressed!) But then we just hung out, ate some lunch, slept a little, watched more Lost, and then had a big family dinner with all of my mom's siblings and her kids. I love hanging out with them, its always a good time. We practiced doing my hair a little bit for the wedding, that was fun. And when everyone left, we talked a lot again, and then....you guessed it, watched more Lost. (ok so im totally addicted! Its his fault though!)
This weekend was the best...just because we seriously had the BEST talks ever. I didn't think we could really get to a higher level of comfort and openness with each other...but we did. We were already best friends and VERY open with each other, but this weekend it was that and more. It was also SOOOO nice to just have US time. We loved just hanging out the two of us, with no schedule, and nowhere to be.
As I think I've said in just about every blog post since I've gotten engaged,
I CAN'T WAIT TO BE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!
Here are a few pictures from Jaclyn's wedding...they are all out of order, of course. Thanks blogger :)
1 comment:
HOT pink and black...very nice. i love the scarf addition, although i could NEVER get married in the winter. TOO cold!
Post a Comment