turqoise dots background

Saturday, May 9, 2009

I love my MOM!

Everyone should know I have the BEST mom ever. I wish I could be with her today for Mothers Day, but I can't. So I thought I would write a few reasons about why my mom is the best and I hope I can be just like her one day.

  • She is the most generous person ever
  • She is nice to EVERYONE. Even those who aren't nice to her. She always says, "you don't have to be their friend but you do have to be nice." And she totally lives that way.
  • She is very loving
  • She will do anything for me
  • She is always serving. Always
  • She is a great example
  • She loves the gospel, scriptures, prayer, and the temple
  • She helped me get to the temple
  • She is very supportive of all of her kids
  • She wants the very best for us
  • She plans the BEST weddings ever :)
  • She will pack up all the kids and the car super full and ride 10+ hours just to come support me and Juston for one day, just to turn around and do it again the next day.
  • She is always just a phone call away
  • She knows everything. Really. Everything
  • She is magic. Just ask her. All moms are magic

I really could go on and on. These barely even scratch the surface as to why she is the best. I love my mom very much and don't know what I would do without her. So I just want to say,

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MOM!!!
I LOVE YOU!

Addition: Today church was really good. In Relief Society we sang the song "I Often Go Walking" from the Primary Songbook. Here are the words:

"I often go walking in meadows of clover, And I gather armfuls of blossoms of blue. I gather the blossoms the whole meadow over; Dear mother, all flowers remind me of you."

"O mother, I give you my love with each flower To give forth sweet fragrance a whole lifetime through; For if I love blossoms and meadows and walking, I learn how to love them, dear mother, from you."

I really liked this song today. It reminded me of my mom and my grandma. Both of them love flowers, and we always give my mom lots of flowers for Mothers Day. I also liked the last line about learning to love the things from her. I liked this because I really have learned so much from both of these amazing women. My grandma may be gone for now, but I am still constantly learning from her. She really was a great example and I can really see her through in my mom. I love them both so much and am so glad I have them to learn from everyday.

2 comments:

Lacy said...

Your mom is the best! You are a lucky girl to have her :)

The Noorda Monkeys said...

Brighton----
This is the best Mothers Day I have ever gotten> Thank you so much! (Even if you did make me cry!)I love you so much and I am so proud of you! You are one amazing, beautiful, wonderful woman and I have always admired you! I love you! Mom