The votes are in at 14 voting for a girl and 10 voting for a boy. And the results are.....
IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!
We are so excited! I think secretly we both kind of expected it to be a girl (just like everyone else), but we couldn't be happier to find out it is a boy! I always thought it would be fun to have an older brother, which made me want to have a boy first. We were so excited about it and just wanted to tell everyone! We didn't tell our families we were even finding out that day so we could totally surprise them.
Hopefully I can get pictures of how they found out, but if not that's okay.
For my family we had our good family friend Amy make some cupcakes. They were white cake with blue white chocolate pudding on the inside. Then she topped them with white frosting and pink and blue sprinkles. What was supposed to happen was that everyone would be there and open them together. Well, Darci and Devin left to go camping on Thursday so that didn't really happen. But everyone else was able to be there. I had told my mom what would be happening because I was afraid they would leave to go out of town before the cupcakes got there. I also gave a huge clue that told her we were having a boy. Oh well, everyone else was surprised! It was fun to be on the phone as they all found out. There was a lot of excited screaming and everyone saying "I KNEW IT!" hahaha.
For Juston's parents we got his aunt Leslie in on the secret to tell. She planned with Juston's parents to go over that night to drop some stuff off. We had it worked out that we would be on the phone having a normal conversation with his parents when Leslie and Joe showed up. Then they would give his parents a "house warming gift" for their new house. Since we would already be on the phone we would hear the surprise when they saw it was actually a little boy outfit. It almost didn't quite work out because his mom heard Leslie knock on the door and said, "Oh I will call you back gotta go love you bye!" and hung up. Juston had to hurry and call back to make it all work. It was really fun to hear their excitement in finding out.
For our friends we threw a little party. We knew there wouldn't be a ton of people there because of the holiday weekend. It was fun to do anyway! We decorated the apartment in pink and blue. Then we had all blue and green foods and decorations on the table. We covered them up with plastic table cloths to keep it a secret until we were ready to reveal the gender to everyone. As everyone got there we had them put on either a princess tiara or a pirate hat to vote if they thought it was a boy or a girl. It was such a fun way to reveal it to everyone, plus a good excuse to have everyone get together also!
 |
| The table decorations/food (minus the mint chocolate chip ice cream) |
 |
| The rest of the room |
 |
| Blue and Green taffy |
 |
| The cake I made. The shapes on the sides are a football helmet, car, dinosaur, fire truck, and trophy. On the inside it was a white cake with blue and green jello poured into it. |
 |
| The hats to vote with |
 |
| Green veggies with blue ranch to dip |
 |
| Oreos with mint green filling |
 |
| Blue juice |
 |
| We each wore a different gender color to keep everyone guessing |
 |
| My outfit |
 |
| Juston's outfit. BSU blue of course |
 |
| Sarah and Andrew. Andrew really thought it was a girl, but he didn't want to wear a princess hat at first. Then Sarah heard me accidentally say him when showing them a picture of the ultrasound. So before we revealed what it was they both changed hats. |
 |
| Casslend and Tyson. They both voted for a boy. |
 |
| Sam and Aaron. They had a bet going about if it would be a girl or a boy. She was very upset that it was a boy because she had to make him a banana split instead of getting a back massage! Haha |
 |
| As we were revealing. It also had a blue and pink tablecloth over it. |
 |
| The people who guessed right |
 |
| The people who guessed wrong. And I apparently didn't get the memo we were supposed to be sad |
All in all we had such a fun day. We found out in the morning and just enjoyed it the rest of the day. We made the cake, shopped for the other food and decorations, got the house ready, and told the people who wouldn't be there. It was so fun to just make a whole day out of it. It was such a fun day! By the time we went to bed we were EXHAUSTED. I was so excited to fall into bed that night.
3 comments:
You guys are so dang cute. I am so glad you guys had fun.
That is so fun! I'm sorry we didn't make it over, last minute trip out of town, but I'm SOOOO excited for you guys!
Just for the record- I already KNEW it was a boy even before you dropped the "big" clue! I had already voted!But it really was a fun way to find out! Thanks for the surprise! Love ya!
Post a Comment