turqoise dots background

Monday, May 2, 2011

Picnic Failure

Today was such perfect weather.  I didn't even need a jacket.  That was a first this year.  (yes, I do realize it is May 1st and we are still wearing a coat every day)  Anyway.  After I got done with school it was BEAUTIFUL.  The sun was shining, someone was mowing their lawn, and it was warm (don't mind the fact we learned our car's air conditioning doesn't work....pray it is a fairly cheap fix because we CANNOT move to Las Vegas with broken air conditioning. Heck to the NO!)

Back to the point.  It was beautiful outside.  I even put on shorts when I got home!  I decided that we needed to be spending time in the warmth and sunshine while it lasted.  Juston works until 6 so I thought it would be a perfect time for a picnic.  I cooked up some sloppy joes, threw whatever else I could find into a bag, and went to pick him up.  Well, in that short hour it got cloudy and chilly.  Lame.  But we decided we would still go to the park and make the most of it.  We got to the park (I even remembered the camera) and realized I FORGOT THE BUNS. Are you kidding me!? So we just went home.  Sad.  But when we got home the wind had died down and made it a little less cold.  So we just set up our picnic on our front lawn instead. 

Although it wasn't what we had hoped or pictured it was nice to be outside.  It wasn't freezing (it helped that I put on a sweatshirt and had a lap blanket) and we able to do something a little different.  I hope Spring decides to stay so we can do that a little more often!

No comments: