turqoise dots background

Monday, May 2, 2011

Twas a Great Weekend!

This weekend really seemed to be a great one....starting on Saturday.  Because honestly, I don't even remember what we did on Friday.  All I remember is being annoyed about something stupid hahaha. Oh and not feeling well.

Saturday was great though.  I slept in longer than 6:30 am (which hasn't happened in a while).  It felt so good to actually sleep!  I finally got up around 9 and started cleaning the apartment and getting everything ready for my Mary Kay party.  As I was getting things ready I was feeling a little bit stressed.  Juston got up and really started to help.  As I was making the Frito Salad I realized I had forgotten to buy a green pepper.  So Juston ran to the store for me.  When he got home he also had flowers and Swedish fish.  That boy really knows the way to my heart! :)

The rest of the day was pretty dang good.  I had fun having a small Mary Kay party with 3 old and 3 new friends.  The perfect mix. :)  I loved to play with makeup and get all dolled up.  I don't do that very often.  I am also out, or almost out, of pretty much ALL of my makeup.  So hosting this party gave me quite the nice discount to be able to try new, nice makeup.  I am excited to order it all and play some more.

Once it was over Juston and I had the rest of the day to hang out.  I am loving this semester because it is much easier for us to get everything done early in the evening and weekend so we can play together.  We probably won't have this much time together again until we are like 90.  So Saturday afternoon/evening we watched movies (duh), went on a little picnic with Taco Bell, kicked around a soccer ball, and just hung out.

Sunday was very similar.  I didn't sleep well that night AT ALL.  I woke up at 12, 2, and 3.  At 3 I stayed awake until 6.  It was not fun at all.  Needless to say I slept in very late and was late for our 1 pm church.  Awesome of me I know.  After church we made dinner, watched Shark Tank (one of our favorite shows), sat in the car and watched the sun go down, and went for a walk.  I love simple days like that.  They are definitely my favorite.  I love just spending time together doing the simple things we love and talking.  Thanks husband for a great weekend!

No comments: