After Jackson was born we stayed one night in the hospital. We were up about every 3 hours to feed him (or trying to). One good thing about him needing to be bottle fed the first day was that we were able to take turns being up with him. Mostly we both got up when he did, but we were able to take turns getting some extra sleep.
The next morning the pediatrician (Dr. Duddy) and my doctor (Dr. Paul) and the lab tech all came at the same time (about 7 am). We were all cleared to go home as soon as we hit the 24 hour mark. So, we were expecting to leave around 1 pm. It was a long boring day sitting in the hospital room. Thankfully we had a pretty nice room - but we were BORED. Nurses came to check on us every so often, we had breakfast and lunch brought up, and they came to take his pictures. But mostly, we were bored. They told us they were going to take Jackson to do his blood work around 12:30 and as soon as that came back we would be able to go home. Well, it didn't exactly happen that way. They didn't take him to do his blood work until almost 2. We finally were able to leave the hospital at about 4:30 or 5 I think it was.
Needless to say, when we finally got to leave we were so excited! Jackson had on the cutest outfit. I wish I could say the same for myself haha. The drive home was a little bit of a funny experience for me. I suddenly felt like all of the cars on the road were super dangerous and I was scared. I didn't want them to hurt my baby! Haha. Don't worry, we made it home safe and sound. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment