Holy cow! I can't believe my due date is actually here. It always seemed like this day would never actually come - even after I had Jackson. At the end there I felt like I was going to be pregnant for the rest of my life. I really couldn't remember life as a normal person. I felt like heartburn, waddling, swollen feet, sleepless nights, etc were always just a part of my life. And now, I can't believe I've had a baby for two weeks. At the same time, I can't believe it's only been two weeks. It really feels like he has been part of our life forever.
Life with a newborn is hard - but the best thing ever all at the same time. Jackson is such a good baby so far. He only cries when he is hungry (or when we want to take his picture ha). However, when he is hungry he is hungry! He pretty much goes from sleeping to screaming in about one second. There isn't really an in-between.
He is now becoming much more alert. He stays awake for a few hours in the morning now - just watching and seeing what is going on. During this time he is perfectly content to just sit in the bouncer or swing and just look around.
He is sleeping much better (knock on wood)! He went from waking up every 2-3 hours to once a night. It is blissful. He takes FOREVER to eat and fall back asleep so I am still up about the same amount of time. But, staying up for one long chunk is much better to me than getting up a million short times.
He has figured out eating (kind of). I have to use a nipple shield to get him to nurse, but it works. Before we discovered that lovely little thing he pretty much just screamed and screamed every time I tried to nurse. It was no fun at all. It usually just ended in both of us crying and me giving him to Juston to feed him from a bottle. I love being able to nurse now.
We have pretty much become best friends with the pediatrician. In the two weeks he has been here we have seen the pediatrician six times. His first visit in the hospital, his first check-up, jaundice, circumcision, and two week well baby checkup have kept us with the pediatrician quite regularly. We aren't going again for 3 more weeks (hopefully) and I feel like that is such a long time.
He is growing so much. At his two week check-up he had gained 7 ounces from his birth weight. He got to his birth weight on Thursday and was up the 7 ounces by Tuesday. He has also gained 2 inches since birth. I can't believe how fast he is growing - he needs to slow it down!!
As for me, I am doing well. I am always tired. I pretty much feel like I can't think straight. Other than that though, I am doing great. I love having a baby. I feel like he takes up all of my time. I was so excited that I got my hair and makeup done today. Who cares that it was 2 pm. Oh, and that I was still in my pajamas. He is so fun to have around. I have a hard time putting him down. I just want to hold him and look at him 24/7. I am so glad he didn't wait until my due date to come - these have been the best two weeks ever :)
And now - a little reminiscing of my pregnancy belly - with one added of him on the outside :) He was not very happy to be naked and cold so it really isn't the best picture. Anyway - enjoy!






No comments:
Post a Comment