turqoise dots background

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas in Seattle 2011

This year we went to Seattle for Christmas with Juston's parents.  We were able to go early (we got to the airport at like 4:30 I think...) Thursday morning (the 22nd) and came back Monday afternoon (the 26th).  It was nice to be there for a few days and be able to see everyone.
Thursday we slept while Karen watched Jackson.  Then we just hung out and watched the BSU game.  It was a pretty relaxed day because we were so exhausted from getting up so early and traveling.
Friday was a fun day.  Our friends Sarah, Andrew, Sam, and Aaron came to visit us! It was so fun to get to see them again.  I miss seeing them everyday and talking with them.  Sam and Sarah were some of my best girl friends in Rexburg.
That night we went up to McKay and Ali's house to see them.  It was so fun! We were so excited to see their house, them, and most especially their cute baby Jax! We had yummy Mexican food and just hung out at their house.  We stayed the night so in the morning Ali made us a super yummy breakfast of pumpkin pancakes, bacon, sausage, and fruit. MMM. It was so good. We miss them so much too. They were our other best friends in Rexburg.

On Christmas Eve we went over to Juston's Aunt's house for dinner and a little program.  We were Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus.  Then there was singing, story telling, riddles, etc.  It was fun to see everyone - I wish we had taken more pictures! A lot of people got to see Jackson for the first time which was also fun.  When we got home we Skyped with my family and watched them to the Nativity and our family gift exchange.  I am so grateful for technology and being able to feel like I was a little bit part of Christmas here.  I missed them a lot.

Christmas morning we woke up bright and early for church.  Then we came home and opened gifts.  Juston did a really good job this year and gave me some fun things - including a YoNana maker. It makes ice cream out of fruit. Seriously, it is awesome! Then we went back to his aunt's for more food and family gifts and just hanging out.  That night we Skyped with my family again while they sang happy birthday to Jamen and had cake and ice cream.  Then we watched Elf with Juston's parents before heading to bed.

It was a fast and somewhat exhausting trip, but we were so glad we could go.  We missed our friends and of course Juston's parents.  And I know Greg and Karen loved having Jackson around for a few days.
Jackson's first plane ride! He did SOOO good.  He fussed a little, but not much.  Mostly he just slept


His Christmas outfit his great grandma Titensor got him.



our friends!! Aaron, Andrew, Sam, Sarah, Juston, and I

Jax and Jackson meeting. And no, we did not plan their names together. Ha. Great minds just think alike.


I should add the picture of us pregnant from this summer. But this is our post-pregnant picture haha


Us as Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus

We took our Christmas PJs from my mom with us.  Jackson's were super cute!!

Jackson waking up on Christmas morning. I think this picture is so funny.  I think his face looks like he is thinking "oh you caught me trying to pretend to sleep!" haha

Jackson sleeping in his Christmas PJs


So happy when he wakes up!

The boys on Christmas day.  They all have matching ties.


Dad and Jackson. Can you tell Juston is super tired?! haha

Jackson with his Christmas sweater

On the way home!

Jackson's first plane ticket

1 comment:

Angela said...

what a fun Christmas!!! Little Jackson is such a cutie!