turqoise dots background

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New Years Eve

Yes - I do realize this was a month ago. I just never sit down at the computer to actually blog.

For New Years Eve we went with my family out to Red Rock.  We took a little picnic and ate on one of the little platform things they have.  It was fun to just sit and relax and watch the girls run around.  After a while we headed out to Blue Diamond (who knew it was an actual little town over near Red Rock??? I sure didn't!) and the boys went for a mountain bike ride.  While they were gone we played at the park for a while.  At one point almost all of us were on one swing. Ha that was interesting.

That night we had dinner and just hung out.  We played the Wii and watched a movie.  We watched the ball drop in New York.  When it got close to midnight I found a channel that streamed live so we could watch the countdown and fireworks at midnight here.  But, at 11:59 the computer froze.  Needless to say we had a very anti-climatic new year. Haha.  There were some people lighting off fireworks near our house though so we went out and watched those.  We also had some sparkling cider.  After midnight Dakota and Slate's friends came over for breakfast.  It was a fun, but late night (especially with church at 9 am the next day!)

No comments: