turqoise dots background

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Interesting Day

Well this week has just been full of lots of surprises for us!  Today especially.

One of my classes only lasted an hour instead of the normal two so I decided to go home until I had to work.  Well, when I got home I got a text from Sprint with a passcode in it, but didn't really read the message because as soon as I got the text I got a phone call.  The guy on the phone said he was with Sprint and needed the code to activate some new security thing so I would get less telemarketing calls.  Not really thinking about it I gave him the code.  DUMB DUMB DUMB.  As soon as I hung up the phone I had a bad feeling about it and knew I had made a mistake.  So I texted Juston about it because he was in class and couldn't really talk on the phone.  I told him what had happened and as we were texting he got an email saying someone had added an account to Sprint.com connecting to our phone account.  Due to a little miscommunication I thought someone had added a line to our account.  So off to the Sprint store I went.  I then realized that they had not added a line, but still didn't realize it was an online account and could see all of our information and change our plan.  While at the Sprint store I changed all of our security information and pin numbers.  Later when Juston and I finally got to talk face to face we realized that it was an account so someone could see all of our information online.  We thought it was our friend who is on the plan with us.  We called to ask about it just to make sure, which is a good thing.  It wasn't him, so again off to the Sprint store we went.  We got the account deleted and then realized that we had an international something or other added to two of the lines on our account.  But FINALLY everything seems to be fine.  I am SO shaken up by it though.  Seriously the guy sounded so professional and I didn't take the time to just think about it when he asked for the number.  I still don't even know why I answered the call in the first place.  I normally don't answer calls from numbers not in my phone just for this reason! So, I have learned my lesson.  Don't answer numbers I don't know, get more information from the people you are talking to, and don't give out ANY information over the phone.  Bah.  It has been a long and somewhat stressful day for me.  I hope this hasn't caused any other damage to us.  I am just afraid that somehow they have other information on us.  Ugh.  It will all be okay.

No comments: