turqoise dots background

Monday, April 25, 2011

2 years down, eternity to go!

This month (officially on the 18th) we celebrated our 2 year anniversary!  We debated for a long time about what to do/get for each other.  We decided that instead of any type of gift we would each plan a date for each other.  It was a way to do something nice for each other and spend time together.  I really liked this idea and hope that somehow we can make this a tradition.  In the future kids will just be added to the mix :)

I did Juston's date the weekend we got out of school.  It was a very low-key, relaxed date.  We woke up and went to breakfast at JB's (mostly because we had never been before).  Then we came home and pulled the bed into the living room so we could spend the rest of the day doing Juston's favorite thing....watching movies! We watched one or two (I can't remember) and then took a nap.  Then we got up and headed to Idaho Falls.  We went to dinner at one of his favorite places, Red Robin.  We were a little late leaving so we were nervous we weren't going to have time to eat and make it to our movie in time (we HAVE to be there for the previews....those are his favorite part).  But we got there, seated, and served our food in record time.  We actually had a few minutes to spare when we got done eating! After our movie we came home and watched MORE movies.  It was a really nice, relaxing day, and perfect for Juston!

On our actual anniversary we decided to go to dinner at Johnny Carinos.  It fell on a Monday and they do half off of their family platters for family night.  So since it would be cheap we decided it would be a good way to celebrate the actual day.  We went as soon as I got home from school because we were both super hungry.  Our dinner was delicious! However, when we got home sickness hit me like a ton of bricks and I was puking/in bed the rest of the night.  Haha, happy anniversary to us!

This weekend was Juston's turn to plan the date.  Lucky for us his old roommate Jason can get us discounts at Destinations Inn (a hotel with themed rooms for different destinations). So we got to go to Rome for the weekend! The date started Saturday afternoon with us going to lunch at Five Guys.  The original plan was to go to Cafe Rio.  We thought a salad would be something my stomach could handle.  BUT, somehow we ended up next door at Five Guys.  That was totally fine with me because I LOVE that place.  We usually only go when we are in Provo with Juston's friends.  I love their burgers and fries.  Yum.  Then we went to the Body's Exhibition they have at the museum right now.  I went to the one in Vegas when I was in high school so I was really excited for this.  This one was a lot smaller but still great.  It is so fun to look at everything inside the body.  I think both of us liked the baby room the most.  It was definitely really sad to think about someone having a miscarriage and losing these babies so far along (they went as far as like 24 weeks or something).  But at the same time it was so cool to see about what our baby looks like right now and to see all of the growth that happens in such a short time.
After the museum we went to dinner at TGI Fridays because I had never been.  It was really good, but different than I thought.  I thought it would be a lot of choices of all kinds of foods like Applebees or something along those lines.  It was more just a lot of meat dishes.  I ended up getting a small steak with potatoes and veggies and Juston got a really good chicken sandwich.  When we were done eating we decided to walk around the mall for a little while because it was too early to check into the hotel.  We mostly walked around Barnes and Noble.  I think we spent a good hour in there.  Then were just walking through the mall and I decided I wanted to LOOK at the clothes in Motherhood.  I definitely wasn't planning to buy or try anything on.  However, the sales lady had different plans for me.  As soon as we walked into the store she wouldn't leave us alone. Then, as soon as I showed interest in the swimsuits she picked up a few and sent me to the dressing rooms! It was a little funny and a little annoying all at the same time.  She also wanted me to show her the swimming suits, which I thought was very weird.  So I only tried on the tops because there was NO way I was about to try on a swimsuit for some lady I don't know.  After she left I hurried and changed back into my clothes and we booked it out before she could stop us again.
After the mall we could FINALLY check into the hotel room.  It was really pretty, but don't worry we forgot our camera so you don't get to see what it looked like.  In the room there was a little sitting area, giant king sized bed, jacuzzi, steam shower, and big projector.  They also had cheesecake and sparkling cider waiting for us.  In the morning they had pastries, yogurt, fruit cups, juice and water for us to eat.  Checkout was supposed to be at 11 but because nobody checks in  or even works on Sunday we were able to stay as long as we wanted.  Juston slept in (I now wake up at 6:30 every morning), we watched TV, took naps, at breakfast, etc. until about 12:30.  It was a nice, relaxing morning (perfect way to end our anniversary celebration and the start to a great Easter day!)

We had great anniversary celebrations! They were perfect for us and just what we needed.  I have the best husband in the world.  I am so lucky to be married to my very best friend.  Juston, I love you so much.  Thank you for the best two years (so far) of my life! I can't wait to spend the rest of eternity with you!!!

2 comments:

Angela said...

What fun dates you two had! I saw the pics on Justons blog--very nice! I think it's funny that Juston likes to see the previews at the movies...so does Jess!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your anniversary friend. What a great ideas for presents. I am so glad things are going well for you. I miss you sweet face at school.