turqoise dots background

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Funny/Cute Student Teaching Moment

The other day during language time our teacher was reviewing the "be" verbs.  She would give the students a verb and have them create a sentence. So here is the dialogue:

Student: I am a children
Teacher: You are a children? You are more than one child? No, your sentence should be "I am a..."
Student: CHILD! I am a child....of God
Student + Student: "I am a child of God, and He has sent me here...."

Yes, two students broke out singing "I am a Child of God" right in the middle of class.  I was laughing thinking "only in Idaho."  Little did I know, NEITHER of the students are LDS.

Definitely one of my favorite moments so far.

2 comments:

Lindsey and Zane Gray said...

Haha I love it! During my practicum I was teaching a lesson on pennies to my first graders, when I asked who's face was on the penny,a kid shouted out "Joseph Smith!" And another said, "Yeah! The Prophet!" Haha, I love that your kids were singing!

Lacy said...

wow, very cool :)