turqoise dots background

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

So remember how I said I needed to do better about taking pictures? Well I decided Easter would be the perfect opportunity.  Well, then I forgot to take pictures of our friends that came over, or the dinner, or the coloring of the eggs. So I thought the LEAST I could do was take pictures of the eggs we colored.  Well, that didn't happen either because now they are pretty much gone. Wow I'm pathetic.  So as to not bore you with yet another post of NO PICTURES, I will add some pictures of LAST Easter :)

Holidays to me mean family, friends, and food.  Since we don't have any family up here our friends have become our second little family.  So of course we had them over for dinner!  We had Mckay and Ali and Maddi.  It was sort of a last minute decision with very little planning.  All I knew was that I wanted funeral potatoes.  Everyone brought one or two dishes and it turned out to be quite the feast.  We had steak, funeral potatoes, rolls, salad, jello, and some yummy sherbet/strawberry/soda/juice drink.  YUM.  I want to make it all again.

As we were eating we discovered that none of them had seen Megamind.  So we decided we HAD to watch it.  After dinner we watched a few funny YouTube videos - a regular occurrence with Mckay and Juston.  Then we turned on Megamind and colored eggs! We got out the crayons to help decorate our eggs.  This resulted in most of the eggs being decorated with either a character or scene from the movie.

Basically Easter was just relaxing, fun, and filled with food :)  Perfect.

Now...for Easter 2010....

Juston finding his eggs/candy after the Easter Bunny visited him


All of his loot


What my Easter Bunny brought

Us together

Table setting for dinner

The cute cupcakes I made


Everyone that came.  Holding our eggs before our "Egg Bash"







The inside of the cupcakes.  I made the Rainbow Cupcakes using pastel colors.



This was supposed to be at the beginning...but this is all of the candy set out from the Easter Bunny

No comments: