I officially did it! I made it through my last semester of classes!!! It is so weird to think that I will never take another class on campus. This also means I am officially done being a student secretary. I think that's the weirdest part for me. Classes change and as soon as you start to love or hate one it's over. But with my job it was always consistent. Sure, there have been lots of changes along the way, but the job has stayed the same. I have loved it some days and hated it others - but isn't that how it goes with most jobs? I am excited to move on to something different though. I was definitely bored of doing the same thing everyday.
This semester has definitely been a challenging one for me. I haven't really liked any of my classes except my Assessments and Evaluations class. My teacher (Sister Johnson) was definitely my favorite teacher I've ever had on campus. She is one of those teachers that really practices what she preaches and is there to help you do well. I also love that she doesn't just treat us like students, but as real people. She definitely cares about us not just in class, but in life too. I love her!!
But the rest of my classes.....oh goodness. I have hated Art Methods. One of the worst classes I have ever taken. I have had a love/hate relationship with Autism. I just pictured the class being a lot different and am sad it didn't really play out how I had hoped. And then there is Practicum. I have definitely had a love/hate relationship with that as well. I LOVED my cooperating teacher and the classroom I was in. There were also times that I thought my supervising teacher was alright. But he really isn't a teacher I would ever take again. I probably shouldn't be blogging about the class right now because I am not really loving the comments he's been putting on my unit. Let's just say they are a bit ridiculous. I am annoyed that I did exactly what I understood to do he is saying it isn't even close. Gr. So I will stop now.
But on top of not loving my classes I have been tired and sick. I know I could have been a lot worse, and I am definitely grateful I wasn't. But it still made doing homework and going to class extremely hard some days. I only skipped two days of the whole semester so I think that's pretty good considering how I felt most days. I am excited to be in the 2nd trimester (as of today!!) and to hopefully start feeling better and getting more energy. We'll see! :)
But now I am finally done! I am so excited!! It doesn't really feel like I'm done because I don't really get a break. That's okay though. I start Student Teaching on Monday and am really excited/nervous. I am excited to be in a classroom all day every day. But the thought of taking over that classroom completely scares me to death. Plus the last month will just be summer school and working with the migrant students. I know it will be a GREAT learning experience for me, but I am nervous. I don't speak another language. I am also wishing I had paid better attention in my Culture and Diversity class. :) But like I said, I'm excited for this opportunity.
11 weeks to go and I will officially be a college graduate!!!! I can't believe it is so close! Wahoo!!
1 comment:
Way to go friend!!!!
Post a Comment