turqoise dots background

Monday, April 25, 2011

Life Update

I haven't really updated lately about what's happening in our lives around here.  As I am sitting down to write this post I realized that I have NO pictures to put up.  I really need to get better about taking pictures!!

I have officially finished my last semester on campus and have started Student Teaching.  I will be honest, I don't really like it. I am in third grade in a school in St. Anthony (just north of Rexburg).  It is about a 20 minute commute each way, but I don't mind that.  I just wish we had better radio stations to choose from. :)  But the reasons I don't really like it....first, we only teach reading and math.  That makes the day SUPER boring.  They start the day with "brain exercises."  It is pretty much just the kids going into the gym and moving around for 15 minutes.  I do like that.  But then there are like 3 or 4 different reading groups they go to, then lunch, then math, then another reading group, and then more math.  Everything is from a textbook and either a workbook or a lecture.  Basically, I'll have to teach in all the ways I am against/learned not to.  Lovely.  But the other thing that makes it hard are all of the behavior problems.  I must have been super lucky in all of my practicums because there were usually only one or two behavior problems (and they weren't ever even that bad).  But in this class there are a lot of behavior problems.  There is also one that equals about 5 kids.  Although working with those students is really hard and frustrating sometimes, I actually like it.  I am learning a LOT of patience, understanding, and love.  When I grade papers I think I get most excited when these students do well on something.  We'll see how the rest of the semester goes.  Only about 6 more weeks of the school year and then 3 or 4 (I can't remember) of summer school.

Juston has officially started his very last semester on campus!! He finished last semester with amazing grades (go read his blog to see more details about why)! So far this semester is off to a great start and he seems to be liking all of his classes and professors.  Hopefully it stays that way for him!

We have found a condo in Vegas that we are really excited about.  It is everything we were hoping for and more (from what we can tell).  It is 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (one IN the master bedroom with two sinks!!), a balcony, garage, storage, ceiling fans.....oh luxury. :) Oh, and it has a pool in the complex! Wahoo!!

Other than that our lives are pretty boring.  We celebrated our 2 year anniversary, but I will post about that later.  I can't really think of anything else that has been going on in our lives.  We are just going to school and hoping that it will stop being so dang cold already!

No comments: