Right now I am at my student teaching school and should probably be lesson planning. (ok, I was when I started this...a few days ago haha) But I just need a break for a few minutes so I decided to write a little pregnancy update. And just as a warning…this will probably be a long boring post for most of you….
I really haven’t said anything about my pregnancy since I posted about it. I think part of that was because I was nervous if I said too much about it something bad would happen. But now that I am at 13 weeks and everything is still looking great I am a little more confident.
Morning sickness was a little bit touch and go for me. I would be really sick for a few days and then fine for the next few. I did take liquid chlorophyll for a few weeks when I was sick every morning. I definitely recommend this to anyone with morning sickness. However, I would personally try the pills first. I did it in liquid form and it was nasty. It made me want to throw up every time. I am no longer a fan of orange juice because that’s how I tried to hide the taste.
Anyway, back to the morning sickness. I really only threw up a handful of times, but those were really the best days. I always felt so much better after throwing up. But most of the time I was just super nauseous and could hardly eat. I am MOSTLY better now. I am still nauseous in the mornings so breakfast is usually just a fruit smoothie but I get through it.
Being pregnant has really forced me to eat a lot healthier. The thought/sight of sweets sometimes makes me sick. I did have one funny (to me at least, maybe not to everyone else) experience with just looking at a picture and getting sick. It was at my practicum school at the book fair. There were a whole bunch of cookbooks out on the table so I was looking through one. There were pictures of cheesecake and just looking at them made me almost throw up. I had to go sit down so I wouldn’t make a scene. But I have learned my lesson with actually eating a bunch of junk. We went to the cheap theaters the other night and got soda and a popcorn. I got the soda because I had a huge headache and was hoping the caffeine would help (it did). But the popcorn was just an added bonus for the night. Anyway, let’s just say I ate/drank too much and was really sick the rest of the night. I will not be eating crap like that again for a while!
Let’s see….what else….Other symptoms I’ve had have been headaches and extreme exhaustion. I now want to go to bed by 9 every night (and anyone who knew me before knows I NEVER go to bed that early). Last night I had to TRY so hard to stay awake until 8:30. Unfortunately for me I woke up 20 million times and around 2 I had a hard time falling asleep. It didn’t help that it sounded like someone was trying to walk into our apartment and totally freaked me out. (I am not sure if it was a neighbor being confused or what exactly. I heard our upstairs neighbors walking around about the same time so I don’t know if it was someone up there. It could have even been them going into their apartment and I just freaked myself out. I’m not sure, but it was hard to sleep after that)
My belly. I feel like it is already way bigger than it should be. A lady at my school is two months ahead of me and I’m pretty sure I’m the same size as her. Oh well. I am also still in the “is she pregnant or just fat” stage and I am not loving that. I will start to post pictures soon I guess. My friend wants to start taking pictures of me with the fruit the baby is compared to that week. I think it will be fun and I will post those pictures when we start.
We went to the doctor yesterday and got to hear the heartbeat. That was so awesome. It really is crazy how fast their little heart beats. I also couldn’t believe how much the baby was moving in there. She kept finding the heartbeat and then it would sound like there was wind. She said that was because the baby was moving around and being active. I thought it was crazy how much the baby was already moving around.
My doctor…I LOVE my doctor. I am actually sad we won’t be here for the whole pregnancy just because I have liked him so much. He is so great at making you feel comfortable and answering any questions I have. Usually he answers all of my questions before I even ask. He has been great so far.
I think that’s about it for now (although I know that’s a lot already). We get to find out the gender at our next appointment and we CAN’T wait!! We are keeping the exact date a mystery so we can surprise a few people. So be waiting for that update! :)
3 comments:
thanks for the update..and it wasn't boring, lol! I'm glad you're feeling better and trying to eat healthy it just shows what a good mamma you are being :)
woooooo! :) I am excited for you to find out the gender, that's always the most fun! and then you can go buy a bunch of girly or boyish stuff :) thanks for the update cause I've been wondering how you were doing!
can we please have a girls night or day like the old times, i am so bored in Idaho falls
Post a Comment