turqoise dots background

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Amazing

So, I've heard many people say in their testimonies things like, "I just knew what to say at the right time." Well, I always thought that was so cool. I'd never had an experience like that, and it was sort of hard for me to imagine. Maybe I've had them before and just never realized it, I don't know. Well, today I had one of those experiences and it was really cool. I was talking to a friend about a rough thing she has to go through. And I have never been through anything like it, and so I could not really empathise with her. So, I was doing the best I could to help her feel better and to just be there for her. Well, after I said something, she was like, "wow, I've never really thought about it that way. Thanks, I really needed to hear that." And I was sitting there thinking, "wait, what did I just say?" As I remembered what I had said, I realized I had never thought about it that way either. It was something that I never would have come up with on my own. It happened once more during the conversation. Anyway, after it was over and I stepped back to look at it, I realized that I had had one of those cool experiences. I was totally guided in what to say. I think that what I said helped her in that moment. I hope anyway. I feel like I was guided a little bit in what to say, because I know I have never thought about those things like that.