turqoise dots background

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Little Girl.....

Last fall when I left for college I was excited. Yes, I was a little bit freaked out by it the first day. However I got over that quickly and was excited about the start of something new. I was so excited to be done with the stupid high school scene and most of the people there. I was excited to make new friends that knew nothing about me and had no pre-judgements about who I was or the kind of person I was.
This semester though......not feeling quite the excitement. When I went home for summer (after getting over being anti-social and not wanting to date) I made a lot of new friends and started to date a great guy. I think I can be safe in saying that some of them are some of the best friends I've ever had. It was just a really great summer. I loved it. Yes, some moved away, and I know things had to change. But I am having a hard time with it. STILL. Shouldn't I be over this by now? I've already done the away from home thing....I shouldn't get homesick so much. And it sucks.....cuz I know it can never come close to repeating again. Everyone is moving away, getting married, and just doing their own thing now. Blah.
Growing up sucks sometimes.

5 comments:

Meredith said...

i see this post was written at 7:47pm. when it gets late we (especially of the female breed) can SNOWBALL. we start to think of what we don't like about our lives and suddenly no moonshine, no sunlight, no roses, no happiness. i totally and completely remember days of feeling quite perturbed about college and homesickness, but they will pass, promise promise promise. the faster you immerse yourself in i-da-ho land the faster you-da-ho will have a great time.

that said, i love and miss you!

liNdsEYloO said...

i've lived in 5 states and went to 2 colleges and have moved apts and have been all over all the time.
i STILL cry and get homesick for my last home.
you're normal.
don't worry.
i love you.

~Orchideh~ said...

Oh my gosh!!! Brighton I love you... how can I make you happy!!!!???

~Orchideh~ said...

go look at my blog!!!!

Pamela Williams said...

its ok brighton. i have a hard time with change and it kind of scares me that everybody is growing up and time is passing by so quickly. coming home from their missions and getting married...but your time will come (and so will mine, i hope)