BLAH! Today has been a long day. On Monday when I was driving back up to the cabin my check engine light came on. So, of course I call my dad because I have absolutely no idea whats wrong with it. So he decides its probably the radiator fluid....So Tuesday morning I fill up the overflow with water so I can make it back down to Provo and such. My dad wanted me to get fluid to put in it, and if I could have someone look at it. Lucky for me, Trevor said he could look at it today. (Wednesday) So, this morning Jordi and I went and did a few things, and then I dropped him off at school and drove his car home. Trevor met me at Jordi's apartment so he could look at my car....after deciding it could be a few things, my dad decided it would be best to have it taken to a shop. So, I had to drive down to Riverton (half hour away) and meet my dad's Uncle Danny at his house. We took it to a shop that his company uses....and off we went. They said they can't look at it until tomorrow....so HOPEFULLY its done before I go back to school and there is nothing major wrong with it. My uncle offered to let me stay at his house, but I had left Jordi at school, so I had to get back down to Provo. So, he loaned me his tahoe until I get my car fixed. BUT, lucky me, it was almost on E.....so down to the gas station I went......and spent 80 bucks. Which is fine, but it just made me curse SUVs and gas prices. :) But at least I have a car to drive and mine is going to get fixed. But it was good to stop and see my grandpa for a few minutes. That was nice. And my dad loves me and said he'd pay for my car. So, I can handle 80 bucks in gas right? :-)
3 comments:
I'm so sorry about your long day, but you seem amazing! And I am sooo excited that you're my new roommate! I'll pray for your car!!
you know you can go to autozone and have them check it for FREE right? its called in OBD2 reader, only featured in cars '94 and above. anyway, it diagnoses your engine...for instance, if youre misfiring then it'll say which "bank" (piston) is having compression problems.
it will NEVER have anything to do with the radiator, unless your engine doesnt have any fluids i guess (at which time the overflow light will come on and your temperature gauge will red-line BEFORE the check engine light flashes)...food for thought, good luck with everything
Check my blog. The secrets out:)
Post a Comment