turqoise dots background

Monday, June 29, 2009

The Beach!!

The day after Jamen graduated we headed to the beach. My whole family and a few of Jamens friends went. It was SOO fun. It was mostly sunny all week, only a few cloudy days. We got to lay out, play in the water (ok so I only did once...but Juston did tons), got henna tattoos, read, and rode bikes TONS! I loved being there and just hanging out with my family.
I tried to keep the pictures in order...but it just didnt work out. Blogger is stupid in that way. But here are some of the pics from the trip...

Juston and I on Balboa Island
Everyone on the ferry to Balboa

Haha, Maddie fell asleep after like 5 seconds of riding. It was so funny


My dad hooked us up with a tandom bike one day! It was AWESOME! I loved it. It was harder to ride than I thought it would be. But it was cool. I just didn't like that the back seat was so much lower and I couldn't see anything from the back...



All the single people had to sleep on air mattresses in the living room. This isn't even everyone




Doing what I do best on the beach...
haha....Juston did a flip off the little ledge and all the other boys wanted to too. This is Devin's attempt at a flip :)
After they realized they couldnt do it so well they just started jumping as high as they could
Juston doing a flip off the ledge
We rode bikes around the whole day one of the days, and all the boys decided they needed to go shirtless. THey had nice farmers tans :)
Haha, so apparently the beach closes at 10. We wanted to go down to the wedge and play a game one night...but got kicked off by the police. Don't worry, later that week Jamen and his friends got put in cuffs and in the back of the police car for falling asleep on the lifeguard stand. We were all sad we missed that photo op.
The group at the wedge....very humid
A sign that I thought was really dumb, but funny!
Maddie knew exactly how to be a girl on the beach!
We went to huntington for a bonfire...and I thought this picture was hilarous, mostly thanks to Devin
I meant to put one of Darci making a funny face...but I picked the wrong one. We kept trying to take pics and she was making funny faces behind us.
Me Juston and the bff Lindsey :)
We woke up early one morning hoping to see the sunrise and look for shells. It was too cloudy in the morning, so we just played in the sand and watched the surfers. It was fun to be out there just us.
The whole group after packing up the cars.
The morning we went out early
Getting ready to go play in the water
Darci and I trying to get out farther
Tevin was either getting super dirty in the sand or playing in the water. He loves the beach!
Hahaha....this was the FUNNIEST thing ever. Slate wanted to rent one of these things SOOO bad. So finally on the last day my dad gave in and rented one for an hour. Its supposed to seat 4 with a max of 450 lbs. Well, we got 11 of us on I think.....and we figured it was about 1400 lbs. It was so hard to pedal, and steer. Because there were so many people on the front you couldnt see where you were going at all. But we had some good laughs and lots of fun! It was a great way to end the week!

No comments: